Sjöbergs Nordic Plus 1450 Workbench

Sjöbergs Nordic Plus 1450 Workbench

Discount or coupon brings down to less than $120.00.

Is the Harbor-full-of-Chinese-Freight one made in Sweden?

1 Like

share coupon?

Probably not, but for 50% less you get holes that are lined up correctly and drawers (extra in Sweden).

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been doing a lot of research recently to either buy or build a new workbench for my workshop. I certainly am not an expert by any means, but I don’t think it’s fair to compare this Sjobergs bench to the harbor freight version. I looked at the harbor freight version in person and while it’s not bad for the price, my feeling is that it will not hold up well over time. In particular I did not like the cheap vises or the copious use of finger joints in the bench top.

I haven’t seen this particular Sjoberg model in person but I have looked at similar models and the difference in quality is noticeable. A lot of small differences but they add up. I don’t think I would pay $600 for one of these but I was more than happy to pay $299. I think for that price it’s a better value in the long run than other cheaper options such as the aforementioned harbor freight model.

One last thing - you could argue that you can buy two harbor freight benches for the price of this one, but as someone once said, two of crap is still crap!

3 Likes