Skil Isio 2-in-1 Shrub Trimmer and Grass Shear

I bought this a few weeks ago for $5 more. I’m a little mad it dropped already. It works great on grass or thin branches. It struggles with thicker stuff. Keep it under 1/2". Battery never died on me yet even while trying to use it on oversized branches, so I agree it’s probably good battery life. Switching blades is sometimes hard, the release needs to be pressed just right and you need to line up the greasy frame just right to close it, but nothing major.

Shortly after, I saw a 7.2v lithium trimmer/shear with a 7" blade and with a long extension handle for about the same price at Orchards. Not sure of the quality, but you might want to check that one out also.

I got this from sellout.woot a while ago. It works great, I use the grass trimmer to touch up around some tulips that my former tenant planted around the front lawn. It doesn’t seem too powerful, but it put a nice deep nick in my index finger. Blood’s good for the yard right? I suggest wearing gloves…

Really seems like these come up alot.

Makes Me wonder why.

I am A father also, let me tell you that I would not do a very good job pretending to like this as a fathers day gift.

Seriously. I am trying to help. If you are going to buy this for some one do not make it a Fathers day gift.

I bought this last time and it works well. If it is fully charged (it doesn’t come charged and I thought it was really weak and was ANGRY, my mistake), it will trim through most bushes with ease. The trimmer is quite short compared to most plug in varieties, so keep that in mind. It simply takes longer to do trimming because of it.

I haven’t used the grass trimmer, so I can’t say anything about that part.

The only thing I wish they would have added is some sort of lever or switch to keep it activated. Your fingers will get tired of holding down the trigger, it pushes back pretty well. I fixed it with a velcro strap, you could use rubber-bands or something of that sort if you are trimming multiple bushes.

I would rather just have a corded version with a longer blade, but it has worked well.

I bought this a few months back and the blade came all rusted. I emailed them and they sent me a replacement and the blade on that one was even more rusted. Ive then sent back both its been over a month and still have not received a credit. The return service woot uses is garbage. I have no idea were the return is because I track it and all it says is that the label was printed. I dont think i will ever get my refund this was the first item and probably the last I would buy from woot. Beware

Got this last time around, but haven’t used it yet (still raining). But it looks pretty nifty, and works just great in the living room. Looking forward to taking it outside in the next couple of weeks. Mine came in a really swell metal boxlike thing. Cool.

Missed them the first time they were on — DRAT —but picked them up on the last woot-off — YEA–have used them and they are all I hoped and more. The only shrubs I have are small and my regular hedge clippers wer very hard to use in small quarters…but these are just what I needed…and no cord !! Batery lasts several hours…have not been able to fully drain the battery. I am a happy wooter!!!

tag

Skil Isio 2-in-1 Shrub Trimmer and Grass Shear

$34.99

• $5 shipping
    CONDITION:
    New
    PRODUCT:
    1 Skil 8120-01 iSio Shrub Trimmer/Grass Shear w/3.6v Lithium Ion Battery

Got it. Here’s why:

I already have a corded electric string trimmer and a hedge trimmer. The hedge trimmer doesn’t work well on grass and it is too much work to get out an extension cord for either.

I recently bought a Fiskars softouch Swivel Grass shears which doesn’t work very well with the head rotated.

Lower priced trimmers have Ni-Cd batteries which have low energy capacity and quickly die after several charge/recharge cycles.

All the reviews I saw in this forum for units that worked were all positive too.

I bought this last time woot posted it. I LOVE IT. I have carpal tunnel so for me it was perfect. It works great and I am able to shape shrubs without breaking my back holding an electric two foot saw a friend suggested I use )besides my hands falling off and with my luck I’d probably saw a leg off too) Blades are pretty sharp. Goggles are a must for safety. Battery was going strong after 3 hours and changing the blades is a little challenging but hey…for me there’s too many pros on this one.

So this trimmer takes longer to use because the blade is shorter. Wow. A VW is not as roomy as an Escalade,either. This trimmer is a perfect complement to your long blade trimmer. Use it for smaller, more delicate shrubs in your garden. If you are fussy about how your foundation plants look, this is the tool for you. I got one a few weeks ago and couldn’t be more pleased with it.

Can this cut thru thick bushes?

Ask Demi! :slight_smile:

J/K I bought mine recently and it tears right through smaller shrubs, but struggles a little with the heavier vines, say 1/2" diameter and larger. The grass shear works great edging the lawn and evening out grass height on uneven surfaces.

Bought this the last time on Woot and I like it. We have many small boxwoods, ivy beds, hedges and it is great for small jobs.

Yeah, I got this one last woot off too, I must say the grass trimming part of it is great! Perfect for cutting close to screen patio, around delicate vines and in the garden for weeds. Very sharp, battery lasts longer than I do!
The shrub trimmer is for thin - preferably tender - things.
Great tool, handy around the garden. I give it a 5 star rating.
Only caveat is the tools are a bit tricky to seat just right when you change blades - make sure it snaps into place! Otherwise you have a loose wobbly dangerous blade.
Overall I am very pleased with it, and have used the heck out of it.

For those of you who would rather use a chainsaw to trim your bushes, maybe you could use the Skil Trimmer to trim your beard.

I got one for myself on the last woot. Thinking of getting one for a father’s day gift this time. Is it inconsiderate to get your 82 year old father a yard-work tool?

I bought this in the Woot Off a couple of weeks ago. I got it for shaping my topiaries. I have used it twice and not ran out of battery. The only thing that would be nice if it had an on lock. You have to hold the trigger down to keep it on. It did a great job of giving my junipers a haircut and with the grass shear blade.

I just bought this from here for $5 more and got it a few days ago. They usually don’t lower the prices that quick.

I got this on the last Woot-off and am very happy with it. It does not replace the bigger, and more powerful, hedge trimmer, but is great for keeping up with the errant shoots that grow out of the bushes faster than all the branches around them. It has also lessened my work load, as my wife and kids have all tried it and as a result have done some of the trimming. They now look for things to trim around the yard. It is easy to use and works well on small stuff.