Skil Toolset

If we knew what you’re working on, we might.

These are LIGHT DUTY tools. I’ve been using them on swamp cooler pumps, as well as IBM laptops, and they perform just fine.

Now, if you were disassembling jet engines or diesels, you MIGHT want to stay away.

steve

As with all Woots, 5 dollar is the standard regardless of how many you purchase. So to maximize your savings, and since you can’t buy more after the fact, grab 3 of whatever if you can actually use them.

Sorry, but the limit is 3 per account/order.

Since they tend to mix and match the products (previous woots):

June 2: All but the 10 piece T-handle:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4499305

April 14: 22 pc precision, 21 pc ratcheting, 20 pc 1/4"
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4441246

March 9: with the 22 pc and 20 pc
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4376411&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=651

That’s what I have so far.

The 22-piece precision set has served me well. I’ve not had the flaking problems others have complained about in the past, but I don’t use them on ‘suepr heavy duty’ tasks either. It is great for opening XBOX 360’s and other electronics.

One thing that sets this precision set apart from some of the other cheap Chinese made sets is the fact that the bits lock in nicely in the case. I’ve dropped it numerous times from 4 feet and all the bits stay in their respective holders.

These things would normally be sold on Twofer Tuesday. How I miss the good ol’ days…

I’m not sure how Villiansmitty broke three sets on a bicycle…maybe he means running them over?? The bicycle was a Gold Wing?
I keep the screwdriver set and ratchet set in my “Jack Bower” bag (sounds soo much better than man purse) for work. It comes in very handy and have used them for everything from under the hood of a semi-tractor to PC use. Mine are fine. A lot faster than going through my tool bucket and dumping everything to find exactly what driver or screwdriver I need.

I got three last time, including the “ratcheting” T-handle. The ratchet mechanism is good for 1 turn, then it locks up all by itself. If you don’t care about that, then these are great. If you would like a reliable ratchet mechanism, be aware of this issue.

I also got the 20 piece 1/4 in drive last time. It works great and is fantastic for tight spots.

FWIW, Home Depot appeared to have many of these in their clearance section for one to two dollars more. Not sure if this is the case unilaterally, but if you live in or around the 52403 zipcode and need it by tomorrow, you might be in luck. Not that I’d ever want to discourage a healthy Woot :slight_smile:

I wish you could buy all of the tools at the same time…

Just bought the stubby screwdriver, precision screwdriver w/ extension, and 1/4" drive sets a couple weeks ago at sellout.woot. Like others have mentioned - great for light duty stuff, moving to college/new apartment, putting together furniture, etc. Definitely worth $14 for 3 sets.

So, how many times has this been offered on Woot? And, how many more days are we going to be stuck looking at it? :frowning:

I have tons of tools already, and I have all of this covered in my “good tools” or “pro sets” however I did a Buy 3 for at work tools. I don’t leave my (arguably) good Wiha, Craftsman, and Stanley FatMax stuff at work at my full time job. The good stuff stays in a part-time / on call job back pack.

I intend to keep this stuff I just ordered in my at work tool bag, that way I have convenient sizes and box setups without a lot of theft worry. My only complaint is they wouldn’t let me do another buy three afterward to get extra precision screw drivers for my buddies :slight_smile:

Sonic these tools up a bit and I might be interested, otherwise no sale at this time.

A real quality product. A virtual life-saver in those little instances, where you can never find a small enough driver. Perfect for anyone who has lots of gadgets.

I would definitely agree they are light duty. I have the 21-piece stubby screwdriver set at work, and coworker broke it. He was using it on carriage bolts and probably tightening them more than necessary. The bit holder unscrewed itself from the handle. It has a lifetime warranty, so I called the number on the back and had a replacement in a week.

For the price you really can’t complain… You get 3 for $15 after shipping. These are really decent for small repairs and they come with all the most common tips that you’ll need for day to day tasks. Unless you want to spend a lot more, pick up a few of these (or just wait till next month when woot puts them on again haha).

I bought the 21-piece ratcheting and the 22-piece precision the last time these were up.

For what I’ve been using them for (mostly working on electronics) they’ve been great. I’m lazy when it comes to organizing stuff, so the packaging is great for me too.

Just keep in mind these are really light duty tools. Definitely worth it if you need smallish screwdrivers for smallish projects, but anything beyond that you’re wasting your money.

I bought some of these sometime back, buyer beware…You get what you pay for…Not worth much…

Sometimes I wish I were a giraffe so I could see over stuff !