Skillet Street Food Bacon Spread

When I saw this, immediately I knew the perfect song to go with this product:

Rub Some Bacon On It

Yep, at Skillet (originally a street food truck, well, trailer, then a diner as well). They call it “bacon jam” on the menu. It’s tasty stuff.

Mind you, I might be biased. Henderson, the chef-owner, was one of my instructors in culinary school. Not a good teacher, but his food is pretty damn good. Skillet is quite a sensation in Seattle.

If it’s not wine it ships to Oklahoma =)

And in for 2!

In one word… Orgasmic!

That’s how I would describe it.

Besides using it as a sandwich spread, on hamburgers, and toasted cheese, add a spoonful on top of your grilled steak, Yum! Not to mention, blending some into your scrambled eggs, Wow!
Try some, you will not be disappointed.

Okay, you sold me. The Bacon Glop I buy. I will spread the Bacon Glop. I will put it in my tummy. I want yummy.

You are good to order. No restrictions on food. Buy 3!

Agreed - I actually had Skillet for lunch today, yum!

I’ve only had the original flavor, which is sweeter than you might expect - it really puts the jam in “bacon jam”. Great as a condiment, I like to throw a spoonful in when I sautee green beans. It’s also super tasty on a grilled cheese sandwich.

I’m looking forward to trying the “more savory” fennel/pepper flavor.

I hope this stuff lasts the night. My next paycheck doesn’t deposit until tomorrow, but I’m seriously thinking of nabbing some of these when the check clears.

I was wondering the same thing. Also, how long can it be expected to last if I didn’t open it? I’m planning on going away for two months this summer and I’ll probably wait until after my trip to open these.

I didn’t go through the rest of the posts to see if anyone else has actual experience with this.

This bacon spread is absolutely fantastic, I have ordered it straight from them several times. I wish it was available local. I can’t comment on how long it will last after opening personally because it gets finished pretty quick but i have given this as a gift before and they have had it for several months (they dont use it like most people i know do) and its still good/delicious.

***when i originally started ordering this it was called Bacon Jam.

New Name, Same Great Taste.

Would this last, unopened, until November? Bacon Basted Turkey…

According to their website: “They are all shelf stable and each have a freshness date on the label that we recommend you use or freeze by.”

Looks like I’m in since I can always freeze one for later, but it would be nice to know what date is on these.

A friend recommended this stuff to me just a couple days ago. Weird coincidence. I’m going to try it.

I wish they had an option to order the flavor that you want. I would order 2 of the original, but I don’t like the taste of fennel nor pepper, so that kills the deal for me.

Options like this would be nice on the order page:
2 original
2 fennel/pepper
1 of each

350mg of Sodium for 1oz serving size!? o_O It’s like a salt lick, for large animals!

If that’s not a good selling point I don’t know what is.

yes, but is it kosher?

About as kosher as regular old bacon.

Will this work with my Mac?

Dang it, my jumbowoot coupon expired yesterday.

At least I have all day to decide whether I want to commit suicide through heart attack from spreadable bacon.

thanks for sharing the site!

awesome site! thanks for sharing it, just wish i had more time to order things before father’s day! :slight_smile: