Skull & Crossbones Blanket

I hope we are not expected to wait to 1:00 AM for the adventure. Some of us have real jobs woot.

I hope they do them soon, I want to go to bed. My hope is it will be obvious what to do once we have them all…

I tried gimp. Perhaps its my inexperience with this type of software but I couldn’t manage it.

I have a few good ideas as to hwo we are going to get the BoC, but I need that last top peice to be sure! I have a feeling that is going to be the last one and I’m gonna be up all night!!

In the toolbox there is something called the Fuzzy Select tool. Use that and click on the white space of the image and then press delete. This will make the area around the image transparent so you can match them. You can keep each image in a separate layer so that you can move them all around without screwing any of them up.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Changed Magic Wand Tool to Fuzzy Select Tool. I’m so used to both programs I get them mixed up >.>

Open the image in gimp. Use the fuzzy select tool (looks like a magic wand) to select the map piece (I clicked outside the image, then clicked just outside the map piece once, fyi). Go to Layer -> transparency -> color to alpha, click ok. Save as png. I then opened them all in inkscape to move them around.

I have very little experience with gimp, and found this from google, so this should be pretty easy even if you aren’t an expert.

For those that wanted a blanket and didn’t score one in time (e.g. those busy printing/copying their map piece before trying to buy one, just like me), the mother ship has it available for $12.36 more and ships free.

Anyhoo, search using: blanket GFBLK583

I’m using Chrome and Gimp.

1. Create a 2000x2000 transparent image.

2. Right click on image in Chrome and select copy image.

3. In Gimp Edit->Paste Special->Paste as New Layer

4. Use Magic Wand on white area. Press delete.

5. Press “Move Tool” (4-way arrow) and move layer into place.

Use 2-5 for remainder of pieces.

Ok, I’ve never bought anything during a woot off but seriously? I clicked the button when it was still gold…it went to the login/verify payment info. I had to make a correction to it. Fixed it and bam sorry no woot for you?

Really? Is that really how it freaking works? Zero time to complete the purchase?

not a happy camper

I sure hope this map puzzle is worth the time.

That’s what happens when they only have a couple of something and they sell out quickly. Sorry!

10 places of woot
10 stops on the map

x marks the spot on the ____sea

Bummer…Missed the umbrella, missed the blanket.

Well at least my payment info is correct if anything else cool comes along…

lol at everyone using crazy programs to piece it together. heres what i do.

open paint
cut
paste

You joined in 2009 and never bought anything during a woot off? That must be some kind of record.

Really hope we don’t have to unscramble all the letters in red once the map is complete…i suck at that, haha.

I’ve never had the patience for it really. I get my woot email in the AM. if something looks good -and- I have the money, I go for it…if it’s a woot off, I just move on and go about my day…
Only reason I’m here right now is the dang map :slight_smile:

I’m using Power Point for the map. Picture Tools->Format-> Recolor-> Set transparent color -> Click white space. Done. Simple.

…or you can go old school and print them out and cut them with scissors.