Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2 Wireless In-Ear Earbuds

Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2 Wireless In-Ear Earbuds

1 Like

Can these used for gaming, meaning is the Mike open for constant speech? Or do you have to push to talk the whole time?

1 Like

Once you’re paired with the console like PlayStation it will be on until you mute yourself on the console. So remember that when you run to the bathroom.

2 Likes

I love neck bands and I wish companies didn’t basically abandon the form factor in favor of true wireless.

I like TWS, but neck bands are much more convenient for a lot of reasons including pocket space, not having to worry about losing the case, better battery life, more room for antennas, more room for chips and other internals, and much better for ambient awareness.

I haven’t tried this Skullcandy one but 1more, Ausounds, Sony, LG, OnePlus, fiil, soundcore had some excellent products on the market. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like most of these companies are going to refresh them with new iterations at least not in North America.

There does still appear to be a pretty vibrant market for neck bands in India. I would love to see soundcore or Sony revisit the form factor with the latest tech for active noise cancellation, USBC transparency mode and app support.

You can find neck bands from 2019 or 2020 with active noise cancellation, USBC and multi-point but it’s almost impossible to find all three of those features on one neckband.

The soundcore life U2 has multi-point, usb-c, but no ANC. The soundcore life NC, has active noise cancellation, multipointe but it’s stuck on micro USB. LG tone flex has no active noise cancellation. 1more dual driver’s has excellent active noise cancellation, but no multi-point.

A truly premium, feature complete neck band does not appear to exist unfortunately. And based on market trends, probably never will :frowning:

But because demand for them is so low, you can find amazing deals for them.

4 Likes

I read that as “I love neck beards.”

2 Likes

The sound quality of these are dreadful!

Hi there. If you’re unhappy with them, reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

They are $15. Might want to temper your expectations for sound quality. If you want to get something with good sound quality at this price point you should probably go with something wired. Moondrop quarks, koss ksc75

2 Likes

Skullcandy reputation is not too bad, though I have not listened to these.

If you post comments about how bad they sound, it is very helpful to say what you compared it to. Was it also via Bluetooth from the same device? Was the source streaming compressed audio? If all things are the same, what about these was so much worse? Otherwise your 1-line complaint doesn’t tell us much.