Slime Tire Inflator - Your Choice

I had an even simpler model once (the COMP03); got it from walmart for 19 bucks. It also used the cigarette lighter and worked great for inflating pretty much anything. One day I had a complete flat tire, and didn’t want to sit and watch it for 8 minutes (really more like 10+) so I left it going. I got distracted, and when I finally remembered it (over a half hour later), my tire was up to 80 PSI, the innards of the pump were fried, and it blew the fuse in the car. Up until my idiocy, the thing worked great. Seeing that for $5 I can get a dummy proof version (auto shut off), I’m in for 2. I can’t speak for all these models, but I can say that Slime makes decent value air compressors.

Then you’re out of luck and you have to wait until tire service gets to you. The good thing is that you call them right from your car and “On Star” can tell them exactly where you are, as the car is equipped with a GPS locator system on board. GM says they get to you very quickly but I’ve not tested them yet. If necessary, they will install a new tire, but I’m not sure if GM pays for the new tire.

The less expensive one is what I have in another brand - works like a charm - small enough to be in the car yet handy enough to do any inflatable job, maybe it takes a while to inflate an air mattress - good price, good product

One warning: I have the Comp06. The compressor itself is fine, if noisy.
The long green coiled hose is a problem however. Over time, whether you use it or not, the plastic gets brittle and fragile and cracks. I ended up buying a few feet of same size hose (sorry, I forgot the diameters) and putting the fittings on that, and I’ve been good to go ever since.

I have the COMP05 that I grabbed off a clearance shelf at Target at least four years ago. It still works, but it has had to be “encouraged” (read: KICKED) to get it going sometimes. As a result, mine has a broken case that is sure to cause someone to lose a finger at some point. Also, the little dial for tire pressure is cool (automatically stops when it gets to the set pressure), but the gauge (dial) doesn’t always want to work either. Taking all of that into account, I’m still very tempted to order another one because it DOES still work, and it has saved my ass many times!

I own the COMP05 and that thing works great. I have had it for a few years and it’s worked through several of my cars. I keep it in my trunk and it’s about the size of a chubby cereal box so it’s fine for space.

I have a few different tips included which I haven’t used but can be useful for some, and haven’t ever used the light.

I definitely recommend it, and if not this one get yourself any compressor as you should have one in your vehicle.

There’s a difference between a cigarette lighter outlet and a power adapter outlet. The current required for a cigarette lighter is usually greater than the power adapter, especially if the outlet is at the other end of the car from the battery.

As mentioned, your car’s manual will tell you.

I found this at H-F

It says 3-1/2 minutes just like the Woot spec, but only 100 PSI but you don’t need even 100 PSI for a car tire.

It’s more expensive than the Woot one but I like the minimalist enclosure of the H-F one better. Also , putting a flashlight in a bulky compressor is not very useful. IF you’re the type to have an air compressor in your car, you’ll already have a flashlight.

Part of GM’s strategy is to get you to pay monthly for their invasive on-Star service by not providing the car with basics such as a spare tire.

Why in the hell should anyone pay $30 a month for that crap when I can just get AAA for a little over $50 a year?

Well, this is a little bit off topic, but I’ll answer anyway and the mods may can it if they wish…

First of all, it does NOT cost $30/month for on star. It may cost you that much but try using this tip the next time you order. Wait! Wait a few weeks and they will contact you again with a better price. If you wait long enough (maybe 6 weeks) you can get an extension for as little as $30 for the entire year. On top of this, you don’t need to be breaking any laws and getting a citation for holding a phone up to your ear while driving. There are other advantages such as your car can be located in the event of a theft and you can have the doors unlocked if you ever forget your keys inside. And that’s “why in the hell you should pay” for on star.

Damn it. I took too long reading reviews and the 05 sold out. I’m not sure I want to pay 35 for the 06. :grumble:

Don’t have one. Bought it in the store when it was on special. You don’t have to believe me. Just passing along the info. It’s the same one except no flashlight. Even has the case.

You could simply look at the fuse box. They are typically all labeled and fairly easy to read these days.

I do not believe you can get a whole year for $30! If so, please explain how. The best deal I could get was $149 for 14 mos. with 100 phone minutes.

[cquote postid=“5519731” user=“JimFett”]Bull. Post a link.
[/quote]

Current price $25.99 less 25% coupon = $19.49. Pretty good compressor, but I have only used mine once.