Sling Media Slingbox AV

How do these things work? Do I need to install software to use it? I’d like to buy one & rig it up at home, so that I can watch TV at work, but the sys-admins won’t allow us to install any software on our computers at work.

If it’s simply a matter of pulling up a website at work & logging in (while at work), I can do that. If I need to install software for a viewer or something, i’ll unfortunately have to pass.

anyone that has a slingbox is a slave to their tv…

This is cool…so I can access any episode of House from my DVR while I’m out of town for business…pretty cool in41

I’m watching TV on one right now.

In for one, great for while I am away at school.

I call it a slingblade…

Does this connect to the internet just through the cable, or does it need a separate internet connection?

Does anyone know: If you are watching your TV in your house, can someone (a family member) login and watch the TV too? If so, do they have to watch the exact same thing that you are watching?

Thanks!

Never understood these things. Maybe next time.

http://llamaguy.com/sonofwaffle.gif

what is the reason for that?

Finally…I get can get my own slingbox…

been slummin’ off my buddy for some time now…
phew!!

slingbox is ton of fun…works good at work other important places.

if you have a evdo phone, you can grab it from there…it doesnt work with the sony psp…yet!

m

Refurbished but good price.

I have one of these and love it, but it won’t run on my G4 with a 1.6Ghz upgrade card, but it runs fine on my MacBook Pros and my G5 1.8DP tower. Sometimes gets a little choppy when remotely accessed but runs pretty well on my wireless (802.11 G) and ethernet LAN.

I want to use it to watch Gopher and Wild hockey in Wisconsin from my parents’ TV.

weird, I just hooked up my slingbox pro today (with HD adapter) if you travel and have a decent internet connection at home it’s great. or if you want to watch tv from your wireless connection anywhere in the house, it’s great.

how do I connect laptop to this unit ? it only shows RCA jacks on picture .
can I watch TV on my laptop using this ? how ?

Probably could have done without the Benazir Bhutto bit in the description!

Ditto!

I want one, but for this price, I would rather it be new.

Just bought one of these for christmas for around 100$ and set it up no problem. Great product and useful for me when i travel… also got software so i can get tv directly to my phone which is a nice addition… lets just say church flies by now