Sling Media SlingBox Classic

No price comparison link?

Hmmm… Windows Media? Any info as to what this uses for a streaming algorithm?
MPEG2, MPEG4, or ???

The woot off really slowed down. It took forever for the next item to come up.

(Yes, I know it ended and this is the next day)

Seriously, a TV to IP conversion box that’s not digital. No thanks. Laptop + wireless makes fo a nifty combo that costs like $200, the luggable cable TV.

Decisions, decisions, this is a great deal 1/3rd the cost on amazon and elsewhere… but its refurb… maybe if its still around in the morning and Im more sober.

This is not a bad device at all. I own one myself and bought it when I saw it for “only” $150. If you are on the go and want to watch TV, this is a nice item to own.

Gimme a break!
it’s a kit-kat bar!

Best price on Froogle $120!!

Buy three and sell them!

shut up about the bag of worthless itmes

do the pro models have a hdd ?

This is an awesome product for the price. If you have a good connection, you get 30 fps on your laptop no problem and the controls are super easy. If you want to watch tv or a tivoed show anywhere, this is what you want.

So many crap comments stay, and then get deleted and I got deleted before it was even posted.

These are like 115 (New) at Wally Face. I saw it yesterday.

Looks like a futuristic lego. Can anyone go more in dept what someone could use it or how it works? What is needed to make it work? Is this a rosa stone ?

This is a nice price, especially if you have Tivo and use the laptop in the go to watch the shows. I’ve seen it work with a collegue of mine. It is excellent.

However, I’ve been told to go with the freebie, Tivo-to-Go, which is like free Sling Box.

Anyone use it?

I left one at my parent’s place so I could watch the home games while I’m here at school. Aside from it not working currently (most definitely a problem with the home network, NOT the unit itself), it’s been great. It’s my substitute for paying for cable tv here at my apartment.

Arrg nm I guess it’s an external tv tuner.

this would be nice to watch sports that you dont get on your local station

This is the low end SLING with minimal features. It can’t be used with HD or a cable box. BEWARE

no satellite in your area…?

This should be great for watching The Office while I study abroad in Paris this Fall …So I wooted once more…

Works well and even to a Windows CE. You can use one of the three inputs to watch a home camera. Although not HD, worth the bang if you want to watch TV/Camera from the road. Also there is a dude working on a DVR program for them if you google it.

Later

I have a Hava but I’m not really happy with it. Anyone out there with experience with both (this and the Hava) that can tell me if this is better?..