Sling Media SlingBox Classic

I have one of these, and love it. It even works with my Actiontec DSL modem.

One tip:
I ended up using the free service over at hopto.org to do my dynamic DNS resolution for me, instead of relying on the SlingiD- which never worked through my modem.

I just don’t get the point of these things.
If I want to watch TV, I’ll find a TV to watch.
I don’t want to have to go through all of the trouble of hooking one of these up, and setting up my computer so I can view another infomercial while I’m supposed to be working.

I think my local office depot has these on clearance…good deal though

This Rocks! I paid $125. Make sure it connects to a cable box from your man cave (not the living room).

does this mean i can watch my tv from anywhere even far away? like another state?

I bought one the last time these were sold. Works great and I love it. They sold pretty fast last time, sold out by 8 or 9 am.

It basically let you be an internet broadcaster, with audience of one.

I’ve heard of people using it to get by regional blackouts and such. Put one at your brother’s place in the Michigan and you can catch Wolverines football on Saturdays that are not shown in Georgia, etc.

completed eBay listings:

Ebay link

definitely a solid woot–

EDIT: oops didn’t see the “refurbished” kinda sorta an okay woot then…

Will this be obsolete once ATSC tuners become mandatory?

I got one of these last time they were offered. Works Great!

i actually bought the pro off amazon for 179.99 after i missed this during the last woot off. All i can say is BUY ONE, if your need HD get the pro (still need the HD connectors, but i dont need HD). the picture comes in really clear, and pretty damn good for streaming it from chicago to milwaukee. It’s almost like watching regular TV. i love this thing and i think its the best purchase i have done all year. Worth every penny.

Actually it’s the same price as last time bought 3 last time they work excellent

Yeah, me too. Seen it listed before… but don’t know what to do with it :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if the web browser needs an ActiveX control? Or can you simply provide a URL for the Slingbox? Can it be used to stream video into Second Life?

yes. i used one to watch my tivo while i travelled. the newer version offers better quality. but, this one’s probably just fine for most people.

+1, I use mine regularly and it works good as new. I got a cheap wireless bridge from Newegg to use with it and it works quite well, very impressed. Not as impressed with Comcast’s upstream bandwidth though.

I have one, they rock. Needs fast up conection. I have DSL pro. 700 up. No problem. 300 mbps will not work well.

YES! I was so pissed when I missed this at the woot-off.

Dorm cable + uberfast dorm internet + laptop = Boob tube bliss, anywhere!

Yeah, but this won’t vacuum your floor or entertain your pets.

from another country, i reckon. as long as you have an internet connection and it’s hooked up on your “home” network, it’s great. technology for sling is only getting better, too.