Slingbox 350

I ordered one. I have a Slingbox solo and it does not do high resolution. I think this one will work better for me. I already have the iPhone app and cable for Directv Genie. Wish me luck.

Yes, chromecast compatible. Use “what is slingplayer” menu. Requires a “paid” device app.

I just want to know one thing: Can I hook up my Xbox One or 360 and use this to play games on my tablet in the bedroom (within range of the wireless controller, of course)?

Delay seems to be around 4 seconds based on experience to my iPad, so I’d say no.

does anyone know if this will work. I have a TIVO with a cable card installed I am using the HDMI out to my XBOX 1 then to the TV. Could I use the composite or component out on my TIVO to the composite or component in on the sling 350. That would allow me to watch TV away from the TV but also keep everything running on the TV. Any idea if this set up will work?

I’ve read other posts saying this particular model lacks an HDMI port. How, then, is it Chromecast compatible?

Or is it just that you can “sling” TO the Chromecast?

You can use the Slingplayer app and cast to the Chromecast.

It takes whatever inputs you’re using (e.g., cable box), throws that stream to the internet (like normal operation), you pick that up with your phone (and the paid app), then cast that to chromecast. The slingbox never connects to the chromecast directly.

Ah well… :frowning:

Thanks for the response tho!

Also compatible with amazon fire tv stick, and that app is free.

http://www.amazon.com/Sling-Media-Slingplayer-for-Fire/dp/B00PJ3MGYG

This was a big surprise for me when I downloaded the “improved” update for my standalone M1 player. If I was in the market for one today, I’d pass on it just for that.

Had a sling with my dish service a long time ago. there was a inital cost of “provisioning” (which is basiclly some person unchecking or checking a box on my services screen). Worked out well but since I don’t have dish and never ever will again, I’ll stick with my xfinity service. I’m playing around with my silicondust box and another offbrand OTA digital decoder box w/PVR functions. I also have a ATI wonder card hooked to a digital antenna whats using windows media center to record OTA channels. Only issue, it records in WTV format and you have to convert them before being able to watch on my roku’s or outside my network sources. So far, other then the decoder box and the silicon dust box (waiting for cable card), I’ve not had to buy any software to view my recordings. Everything’s been open source.

It’s a pass-thru device. You connect your HDDVR with component to your 350, then a component to HDMI cable to your TV, or you can use component to your TV. I use a component to HDMI cable that way with my 350.

Over wifi LAN, you get HD, but over a WAN, you are constrained by the upload speed of cable. Sure, it’s not perfect, but do you really need HD on a mobile device when you’re out?

And it doesn’t require the use of a phone/tablet, unlike with a chomecast or appleTV or Roku.

I had a Solo, the 350 is so much better.

So, my daughter has a roku 2 and wants cable in her room. Will this allow her to watch the DVR on my cable box and save me getting another box from the cable co?

Thanks, good to know!!

Yes, but if someone is watching the cable that your sling box is connected to, you will have to watch the same channel.

I have NO cable box. I only have the regular ole cable wire hooked up to my TV. Is there a simple way to make this work with coax connection? Maybe run out from my TV? (Idon’t even know if Ican do that.Just wondering.)

In for one. Planning on cutting the cord and using it at my parents to get sports at my house. Thankfully my dad has a spare uverse receiver.