Slingbox SOLO

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Slingbox SOLO
$79.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

BOO!!

Is this one of those step exercise thingies?

I own the original Slingbox and it still works well…

There were three times as many of these as there were of the computers!

Just the thing I’ve been hoping would show up in this woot off.

I had gotten one earlier, but found that its only got one audio input…so I needed at least one more. To get both my TiVo HD’s online…not sure about the TiVo Premiere…

The Dreamer

I got 2, but only one showed up today…wonder why…

The Dreamer

They were likely shipped separately. Our tracking information hasn’t fully updated yet, so that was super fast shipping to you. Please email us at service@woot.com if the other one doesn’t make an appearance by the end of the week.

A little expensive for me though attractive.

So here we are, nearly half a year later, and I finally got around to hooking this bad boy up. To be honest, I forgot I had it, but since it works with the Logitech Revue Google TV desktop box I have in my bedroom, I figured I’d give it a spin.

Alas, it worked for about 2 days. Now it refuses to connect to my network. I’ve swapped it out for an older Slingbox AV unit I had - which works flawlessly. Unfortunately, the GTV Slingbox App only works with Solo or Pro-HD units. I’ve done the full troubleshooting, it appears that the unit’s internal NIC died, which pretty much makes this a pretty red and black brick.

I’m WAAAY out of any warranty period for Woot, so I’ll just contact Sling directly and see if there’s any chance I could get this repaired. I can buy a new one for $130 as part of Sling’s upgrade program, but if we’re talking a $20-50 fix, I’d be smarter to try depot repair.

Woot, are you watching? Do you have any suggestions other than what I’ve described? Did these units have an history of NICs that died after a few days’ use and/or do you have any others lying around that I might be able to RMA for? :slight_smile:

Sorry but Solo will be your best bet. They may sell you an upgraded version at a discount.

Thanks for the speedy reply! My own fault for not checking the item sooner. :slight_smile:

As it turns out, servicing my Solo would cost a flat $100, but they’re selling refurbs for $90 + $10 shipping, so it’s a push. I just gotta decide whether to spend that or not - the AV works fine via my iPod Touch and through the web. It comes down to whether or not I want to view it via Google TV in my remote bedroom.