Slingbox Solo

sounds like something you do, not buy…

Woot is all slingboxes and cameras these days…

This product is too complicated and it’s too late to read the description. Is it magic?

If you have to travel for work as much as I do, the SlingBox is MORE than worth the $89 bucks… come on people, buy up!

Wootoff killer x.x;

I have this and love it!

Yes. Magic. Buy it.

Q&A from Slingbox.com

http://www.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-solo-faq

http://support.slingbox.com/go/wbsp-how-to

This is actually a really good deal. Unfortunately I don’t watch TV.

everybody went out for more beer.

This is a great idea and all… but with the Roku box for only $69, and it being much smaller, and having Netflix Streaming and Hulu+, do you “really” need to bring this to a hotel room/ vacation condo to get even MORE programming from your Tivo/DVR? Really? On top of that, it’s all good that you’ve got that FIOS or Cable Modem connection that does 30Mbit down and maybe 5Mbit UP, but NO WHERE in ANY hotel anywhere are you going to get the speeds you need to properly stream movies or TV content from your home, to your vacation TV… which is the likely scenario for using this.

With sooo much TV and Movie content available on the Web and portable devices, I think the SlingBox is becoming more and more insignificant. Sorta like my posting here once the next Woot Off! ™ item comes up :wink:

I love my Slingbox . . . I watched “The Andy Griffith Show” & “The Biggest Loser” reruns in Peru . . . that’s worth WAAAAAAAAY more than $89!

I don’t think this thing even has a tuner in there. The old slingbox classic is more useful, IMHO. But Sling will discontinue support for Classic in the future…

You really should research the product a little more so it at least sounds like you know what you’re talking about.

(do you “really” need to bring this to a hotel room/ vacation condo to get even MORE programming from your Tivo/DVR? )

I love it. The hotels I stay at generally give me 1Mbps which is more than enough to watch that episode I missed while I was in flight.

But even better is the ability to change channels when my wife is watching TV. That NEVER gets old…