SlingLink TURBO 4-Port Powerline Kit

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us …us.wooters!

SlingLink TURBO 4-Port Powerline Kit [New] - $79.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Sling Media SL200-100 SlingLink TURBO 4-Port Powerline Kit

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

So… it’s a router?

Oh, I LOVE the description. LOL!

Seems like a 4 port switch over power.
Can this be used without a sling box?

Can I use it without an internet connection? What is this?!

With four switched ports, it connects to your Slingbox, game console, DVR, computer or anything with an Ethernet jack to your home network

Amazon price
http://www.amazon.com/Sling-Media-SlingLink-Powerline-SL200-100/

Sorry - I have no idea how to make this a clickable link

[MOD: Edit this post to see what I did. There’s a link to a posting guide in my signature as well.]

Amazon

Product Website

3D Tour

Amazon $119.19

I use it to connect my ATT uverse box which is downstairs to my upstairs tv where the slingbox is located.

My challenging question is – will it play nice with the Cisco Powerline kit that was a woot in Dec of 2009 ??

Having a very hard time getting a consistent answer with google; so hoping there is a HomePlug expert somewhere in the room…

IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet

10BaseT is too slow for me. My internet is about 35Mbits.

Anyone know the speed over powerline? All ethernet ports are 100BaseT, but the specs say IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet. Confused…

cnet

froogled

Can it be used to share your internet with a neighbor? It would need to go from house to transformer to another house. But not through the transformer.

YouTube videos (these show the 1-port bridge):

review

unboxing

A few more places of interest:

Review at Pocket-lint

launch article

alaTest

well, in theory you have the “85 Mbps Intellon Chipset” – realistically, like many standards, you can safely figure about 1/2 that reliably, assuming reasonable wiring in your house itself. So, 35 to 40 Mbps should be no problem, typically. I use mine to stream HiDef from HDHomeRun over network all the time with no problem.

Not to say YMMV is not possible, and you can find sites that say much less, but in most instances this is probably a reasonable expectation.

Sorry - trying to help, but I don’t get it. Your third sentence seems to contradict the second.

This works with the electric wiring of the house. All your power wires are connected. That’s how this device sends it’s signal. If you take it to your neighbor’s house, all the transmitter is going to do is send the signal throughout the wiring of their home. You will not be able to plug the receiver into your house and borrow their internet. You can with wireless though.

My powerline thingy can be encrypted so my neighbor can’t connect, so it’s obviously possible for the signal to go to his jouse.