Smart Desk Premium Ergo Standing Desk (Pick One)

Interesting desk. It’s too bad that new studies are saying that standing is actually worse for you than sitting.

I received my desk but it only came with the legs and no top. The shipping information has 1 box and the reference info from shipper only shows legs, no top DIY. I contacted support and nothing yet. This would be false advertising as it has you select the color of the top and the description shows curved top.

This may be my last woot purchase if the top does not come as well.

Regards,

pissed off customer

This is how i’m feeling right now. I chose the color of a top, but like you said, the reference states “No Top - DIY”

Sorry you’re missing a piece! If you haven’t, please email support@woot.com with your order info and issue; CS can check into your account and order.

I also really hope this comes with the top… Seeing as “black legs and walnut top” was an option, I bought this assuming it’s the whole desk. But I see the same no-top FedEx description and weight, so I’ll be contacting woot if it doesn’t have a top. Quite the omission in a product description if this is the case…

If I recall correctly, the top ships separately. Give it another day in case they got separated.

Thanks! Yeah, I just have one tracking number “available” to click on, and was hoping the desk top is coming too! The legs are supposed to arrive on Monday, so we’ll see soon!

Well that’s a good thing someone has received one of these ^_^; Can woot only provide one shipping number though? kind of annoying not being informed about a separate shipment if I received an email stating it has been shipped already. I understand it’s the holiday as well, but I was really anticipating setting everything up today.

Edit: would it be a different shipping service? I called FedEx just now and they did an advanced search - nothing else is planning to come to my house :frowning:

I’ve sent off an email asking. With the weekend, it may be Monday before I get an answer.

Well guess what? Support got back to me saying they don’t have any replacement items and gave me an RMA with pre-paid return. Sounds like i was the first to contact support. Woot didn’t admit a mistake or try make it right other than return.

REALLY? I already assembled it waiting for the top. What a waste of time. I am so upset with woot.

Hey woot…! You lost a customer, next time admit the mistake and make it right when you screw up!

I got the same reply, however I did get the option of “(1) We can issue a partial refund in the amount of $50 and you keep the item,” which isn’t bad considering what you’re getting. It’s a different version of the jarvis controller. I saved on tax I suppose.

This is still pretty bullshit on woot’s part though. Deceptive description…

Just got this delivered (top included). Looks like we’ll all be fine and can step back from the ledge. They were in different boxes and one box is actually opened. :frowning: Now I’m not bored anymore! WOOHOO!!!

Was it from FedEx too? Because…I want to know what other options I have. I already bought a top for the desk, but I suppose I can now return it. I was just about to head to ikea too (about an hour away) so I can get a better quality top, lol.

Yes, they both have FedEx stickers on the boxes and they both appeared at the same time on my porch. I will say that my top came damaged and the white is not that great. It looks like it’s just primer. Meh.

Support emailed me again stating "Sorry about that. I have been advised there was an issue in color on the top, we can offer you a grey one and issue a coupon for your next order or you can send the item back to us for a full refund.

Please let us know what you decide. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I mean really? i’m waiting for a response from them, but if I already received the bottom legs in black, wtf? (<= LOL Woot edit) What grey piece am I going to receive if i’ve already received the legs.

I’m seeing what coupon and top I could get out of this.

Its been nice of those who have posted about their purchase. Since you received two boxes, were they different FedEx shipping numbers by chance? That would make me feel better that there is still a chance I might get my top.

which top you chose seems to be the defining factor here. I chose the walnut top and I think they’re just out of it. Whoever ordered the white top supposedly got theirs. really dumb, but whatever they’re making up for the description I suppose. Now how quick it’ll be to complete this desk idk…

Received my legs today and no top. I hope that I start to hear that more than one person received their desktops.

Update since people are still looking at comments here: I successfully received the (black) legs on Saturday, then the (black) desk top on Monday today. So hooray, desk-building time!

I too received only a base and no desktop. Shipping weight would indicate that it was only a base. There are no other delivery scheduled for my house. This is most upsetting. $539 for a desk base?? I don’t think so. Wrote to woot twice but no answer yet.