SmartPlanet 5-Piece Survival Set

For anyone who has this: does it keep each compartment water tight? Thinking of getting for my toddler @ daycare, but he needs his daily applesauce fix. If the applesauce runs into the sunbutter sandwich, that will be the end of the world.

I’m wonder the same thing. More because I’m just tired of things leaking in my backpack :slight_smile:

Not according to this Amazon review:

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Planet-3-Compartment-Silicone-Collapsible/dp/B0051XRXRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322053063&sr=8-1

Boo :frowning:

Same here.

^ Spork.

GoGo SqueeZ?

This set looks cool. But I need some container that would replace a GoGo SqueeZ container. Sell that and I’d be all over it.

I totally agree :frowning:

Is this worth the price or is there some other water-tight version out there that would be a better deal?

Can I fit the lunchbox and drink container in my kids LLBean lunchboxes that are 10x7.5"?? I’m not finding any dimensions here.

Okay sports fans, here are the product dimensions:

Eco Dual Compartment Collapsible Lunch Box (#EC-34L) = 7.1 x 1.2 x 9.8 inches
Eco Single Compartment Collapsible Lunch Box (#EC-34S) = 6.0 x 1.2 x 7.2 inches
Source: Amazon

Neither description explicitly indicates whether the 1.2" height is if the product is expanded or collapsed, but if you look at the image of the small box it appears to be about 40% as tall as it is wide when expanded. Given 7.2" for the width, that makes the height closer to 3" than 1.2". So I am convinced that the 1.2" dimension provided is the collapsed height.

Are the food containers BPA free as well? It lists BPA free on all the other items just not on the food containers.

Rather than buying this, wouldn’t it be more earth-friendly to pack your lunch in the plastic or styrofoam containers you got when you ordered your Chinese take-out the other night, and in a similar vein try to find other ways to re-use the plethora of cheap crappy disposable plasticware already out there, destined for the landfill? He asked rhetorically.

Two answers…

First, here’s a fish: No BPA.

Second, here’s how to fish:
http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Planet-3-Compartment-Silicone-Collapsible/dp/B0051XRZ5E

Note to Wooters - it’s amazing how much stuff one can learn by using Google or Amazon. :slight_smile:

Actually, that reminds me of my wife’s pregnancy craving: jelly and cheese on cinnamon raisin bread.

I would totally feed my in-laws their thanksgiving turkey on this.

I notice on the website that the coffee cup is on backorder. Would this effect getting this deal in a timely manner?

a) Thank you!
b) dont have time to research on the internet so I decided to let other people do the work for me :wink:

The plastic cup with the straw will cost somewhere between $13 - $15 at Starbucks. And this one does not have the weird green chick on it.

Why I love woot: you don’t consider lids as “pieces” and thereby inflate the item count.

Per the company website, these items are made of silicone. And, I assume they are made in China because they have three locations, China, Hong Kong and the US.

http://www.smartplanethome.com/default.asp

Most items sold here at woot is in stock at the warehouse in Carrollton, Texas, so the only effect is the time for SnailPost to make it through.

(To their credit, my last shirt was ordered on Friday, and was in my mailbox here in SoCal on Monday. 3-days - that’s a new record.)

after 2 years of research - there are no multible compartment- lunch containers that keep liquids contained - unless they have seperate lids - just use several small containers for leaky things ???