SMC EZ Connect 802.11n 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter

If you have a desk top or a laptop that does not have a wireless card then you plug this in your USB port and you have wireless internet on that computer.

Vista? What about the new version of windows that isn’t MEII?? (ME 2) Windows 7?

I’ll try 3, just because they’ll work on XP and 2K.

steve

If you have a wireless router (b/g/n), then this will allow you to connect a computer to it wirelessly.

I see in the specs where it lists the supported operating systems, and I see that Windows Server 2003 and 2008 are NOT listed. My question is, does anybody know if this will work on either of those server operating systems?

Can this be used as a wireless repeater to extend the coverage to where it does not reach currently?

Any chance Windows will automatically finds drivers for this thing?

It lets you use the Internet without being plugged into the box from your cable/phone company. As my girlfriend would say, “it grabs the Internet from the air”. If you already have wireless (say on your laptop), then this adapter might make your connection faster or the range (how far from the cable/phone company box you can go) longer.

Hmm, so I’m guessing that TiVo Premier won’t work with this wireless adapter, either?

:frowning:

This should work with WDTV Live:
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3805#wireless

That’s why I’m getting one.

Will this work with my xbox 360?

I had asked the same question. However, there ARE other ones (besides TiVo branded ones). You can get a list on the TiVo website of other brands/models that work.

Anyone see any issues using this as the adapter for my samsung?

I love my Airlink101 N-300mhz adapter. Smaller and only $16.75 shipped tax-free. Works great in my popcornhour or netbook.

hmmm… these can be good to have in some cases… make sure you check compatibility with your device before purchasing.

Is it mac compatible?

Surprised I’m the first smartass to ask.

I am wondering the exact same thing and I am a young, generally tech-savvy lady. Why would I need this if I have a working wireless card in my computer?

Will this work with an Xbox 360? I’m currently using a Linksys b music bridge, and looking to get a faster connection to my router.

FYI, that’s the G version, not the N one for sale here.

the two reviews on the amazon page i linked above say it works with Ubuntu 10.4

says right in the product description, works with Win7

Cheaper on amazon, and if about linux drivers are on there too.

http://www.amazon.com/SMC-SMCWUSB-N2-802-11N-Wireless-Adapter/product-reviews/B002N8A1ME/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

It supposedly uses the Atheros chipset so it should work with the AR9170 driver in the kernel. See driver notes at kernel.org.