SMC EZ Connect 802.11n 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter

Nooooooooooo!

Bought the SMC 802.11n 150 (Draft Spec) version a few woot off’s ago… I had a helluva time with the Windows 7 64bit drivers, the ones it came with did not work, and the ones online took some creative tinkering to get to accept. This happened on more than one machine at different locations, so it wasn’t a fluke issue. While this is the 300Mbps version (not draft), I’m gonna cautiously sit this one out as I don’t trust their drivers.

EDIT: Others who have purchased this exact version are saying there are no problems, so these are a pretty good deal. Three for less than $10 each, not bad.

These are cool - but they’re* friggin big! They come with a cable if you can’t fit em right on yer rig :slight_smile:
No probs using win7 32bit.

SMC EZ Connect 802.11n 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter

$6.99

• $5 shipping
    CONDITION:
    New
    PRODUCT:
    1 SMC SMCWUSB-N2 EZ Connect 802.11n MIMO Wireless USB Adapter, 2.4GHz, 300Mbps, WPA2, WPS, 300M Rang

In for 3.

Can NOT be used to connect your DirecTV receiver to your wireless network so that you can start using the video on demand services.

Pass.

Bought two of these from Woot a month or so back, same price. They work fine on a couple of old XP desktops that I now have untethered in the house.

woohoo…it’ll work the WD TV Live box

whaaat? a woot-ff today? how delightful! its raining, so I didn’t expect to get much work done anyway.

I bought one a few weeks ago, worked right out of the box on my windows 7, no problem!!

Got one of these when they were on woot before (early March, I believe). I’m only one room away from the router, so I can’t say much about it’s range. However it was a pretty fast setup. I’m using it on ubuntu, I just plugged it in and it instantly worked.

But be warned, this thing is pretty giant, but it comes with a cord so you can hide it wherever. Overall I’d say I’m happy with it.

Perfect for setting up more public access computers at work. Much easier on my wallet too. In for three.

I got one of these bad Larry’s last wootoff same price, plug and play on Windows 7 x64bit for me.

Will this work as a wireless card to setup a wireless ready dvd player for netflix?

I picked up 3 of these back in March. Put one on a Windows 7 64 bit home. I loaded drivers only and let Windows manage the connections. Works very well. I also travel and have one setup on my laptop which is XP and works well. I give them a thumbs up.

HELP??? I am the most non-techie 30 yr old there is. Will this thing connect to my new blu-ray player? Turns out WiFi ready is not the same and plug in and have internet available… boo.

If they are different from player-to-player, and I need to know some of my blu-ray specs how the heck to I figure it out?

The SMC EZ Connect Wireless Adapter installs quickly and has an impressive range. I bought 2 the last time Woot had 'em up and am in for 3 this time. A great price on a great product!

Bought these last time. They work with Xubuntu.

wait if it’s wireless ready then shouldn’t it already have a wireless card in it?

basically this adapter won’t work on anything that you’re not able to install a driver on. so it’s not going to work for dvd players, etc. you have to buy a universal wifi adapter to get wifi on those things

Zero problem with the drivers on this one. I bought it a few weeks ago and it’s running like a champ on my Win7 64-bit system.