Smith & Wesson Delta 2 Combo Pack

Better yet is to just keep them away completely. That’s what LeakFrogs are for. I’ve got one in my basement and one under the kitchen sink and zombies have NEVER come on my property.

the spike might be good to fend off a regular human attack day to day, mostly because you can carry it with you at all times on your key chain.

for a more hostile general environment like a zombie apocalypse, a rifle/shotgun primary weapon with a pistol back up and a nice mid sized blade like a machete or a khukuri is what you want.

chances are if you let the zombie get close enough to use a couple inch spike, your taking a hit to give a hit, and medical treatment won’t be readily available, so you want to avoid injury at all cost.

LOL @ comparing 2 for $20 flashlights to a surefire flashlight.

I wish woot would list country of origin and materials.

You just answered all my questions before I asked. Thank you.

I would say this is a good deal if you don’t have any LED lights and would like to be better prepared for the next hurricane. A so-so deal if you already own a bunch. Not going to bite.

I’ve been doing some searching and can’t find out the dimensions of this light. Looks like it would be nearing 6 inches. Anyone that has it, can you tell me how long it is? Bonus points for diameter.

Edit: Found the specs tab. 4.5 inches. In for 1.

Depends on how badly you need to get out of that car. The full force of a desperate blow on that little point will be enough, methinks. As for an emergency couple of flashlights, there was not a D cell battery to be had in CT 2 days before Sandy hit, but AAs were plentiful. So not a bad thought to keep a couple around that run on AAs; the fact that they come in 40-packs is a bonus.

Can you replace the 3 AAA batteries with one CR123? The AAA battery holder looks like it is the same size as a CR123 battery.

$19.99 and $5 shipping here on Woot.

Amazon = $31.02 + free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-Compact-Penlight-Flashlight/dp/B0056DG1TU/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1351864115&sr=8-27&keywords=smith+%26+wesson+flashlight

Highest price I found - $45

JnC Defencive Strategies = $32.00
http://shop.jncdefensivestrategies.com/SW-Delta2-LED-Tactical-Bonus-Pack-SW737CBO.htm

About this product, at 100 lumen’s this small and sturdy flashlight is going to give off a surprisingly bright beam. Powered by AAA batteries, do not expect hours of use without changing them out. The ‘pen’ light could be useful in a pocket or glove compartment, purse etc. BTW, it’s design indeed would work as an automotive glass breaker. The trick in doing this has to do with method. The blow should be delivered swiftly, sharply and in a snapping motion rather than a full swing. But, truthfully because of it’s small diameter, you would need to insure you have a very good grip on it before you did this. In short, it would not be my tool of choice for this purpose but, it will work and it has it’s advantage of easy Carry so you could easily always have a light available if you needed it.

At Woots price, this is an excellent deal on a very well made product.

Nope.

This is a good deal for “that” light. That being that brand. Costco has a 3-pack of small 200-Lumens tactical flashlights for $19.99, sometimes with a $5 off coupon, that comes with batteries as well. Just sayin’.
-A true flashlight lover would get a Fenix TK-35 with the new U2 emitter that puts out 860 Lumens. I love mine!

Not recommended if your are a Zombie but as a DIY, I suppose you could ram the spiked one in your forehead

Wait–“Glass Break Tool for HOME or Auto”? I understand the occasional need to bust your way out of a submerged car. But when do you encounter a legitimate need to break the windows of your own home? “Hey, honey, could you crack a window and let a little breeze in?” “I’m all over it!” (Or maybe these are for submerged home situations?)

To those who say it’s not big or heavy enough to break glass, you don’t swing it like a baseball bat, you hold it in your clenched fist and smash straight ahead with the point. If you hold it tightly enough it breaks the glass! It doesn’t matter how much (or little) it weighs

It’s a bit short for effective weapon or kuboton. Honestly you can more readily kill a man with a bic pen or a screwdriver(it’s surprisingly easy). And with all laws it comes down to intent and officer’s disposition when it’s not clearly a weapon. It has primary non-weapon functions, so I’d say no but the best person to ask is a local cop. They deal with this stuff and the interpretation all the time. If you’re not out trying to stab someone in the eye with it you should be ok. Items specifically designed as weapons fall under this. I know CA has issue with pointed/tapered kubotans (which this loosely resembles) but normal kubotans are completely legal in all 50 states.

It ALWAYS helps to have cop friends.

No, the CR123 is much smaller in size, is a 3 volt battery, and the 3 x AAA is 4.5 volts.

I’m curious, is the tip of the one flashlight made to break the glass of a vehicle (if submerged in water, king of thing)?

A CR123 is 3V.

If the battery holder puts them in series, that’s 4.5V; if in parallel it’s 1.5V with 3x the power reserve (runtime).

I don’t think a CR123 will work even if it’s a correct fit - it will either be low on voltage, or double the correct voltage.

AAA and double A batteries have the same voltage just different running hours so the size of the battery will affect the run times but no effect on the output

but arent the batteries in series? you would keep the same battery voltage at 1.5 volts just increase your run time