Smith & Wesson Tactical CREE LED

Will the model that accepts cr123a also take one rechargeable 18650 battery? Some do.

FYI, for all those battery conscious people out there. (2) CR123 battery is the same size as a 17670 or 18650 (provided if the battery barrel is large enough) rechargeable lithium-ion battery. A pair of these should cost no more than $15 bucks on eBay and would provide long term use.

This is also awesome for the environmentally conscious people out there as well! 2 birds with 1 stone… woot!

It’s black.

At the local Big Box store, you can get TWO 500 lumen CREE flashlights, which also have a zoom lens, for $24. Hint: The Big Box store sounds like “CostLess Co”. True, their version lacks the red LED, but two brighter flashlights, for less money, sounds like a better deal to me.

I’ll buy anything with “tactical” in the name.

“What exactly makes a flashlight “tactical”?”

The stealth with which it extracts double it’s value from your wallet.

Is this meant to be mounted on a firearm or can it be? I need one for my rifle but dont know if this is suitable.

The MP8 is weapon mountable…

Check out Meritline’s flashlights before you buy this…wow, what a price difference.

I bought the T7 last time it was on Woot. I love it. Best flashlight I’ve owned.

Camping, fishing, hunting, biking, hiking, geo-caching, cave crawling, etc, etc, etc (for when the above activities are done at night of course & with some you may need an optional mounting device/s, but your question was how a flashlight pertains to ‘woot sport’ rather than ‘woot tech’.) Hope this helps to clear your confusion up a bit for you. :wink:

No no, it has a ‘stealth’ mode too. Otherwise known as an ‘off’ switch :wink:

just got the flashlight from Costco for $27.99 for 2 with 500 Lumen.

I just went to Costco’s website and the only 500 lumen flashlight listed is 69.99 for one. Even if this is an actual item in store, I’d be leery of buying such a cheap light. The most important aspect of a light is that it should always work, I’d rather pay for one good one than have ten lights which I don’t feel confident about. But to each his (or her) own.

It really is! The focus wasn’t a big deal to me when I bought it, but now that I have used it, I can’t live without it. It really does everything…plenty of flood for walking around, but one slide and it has throw comparable to lights that are 5 times as expensive.

400x300

"What do you mean…off switch?..

Yeah. The slide is better than I thought it would be. Great for house use.

If I need to use it outside, just slide the lens out one-handed. If I need to check on something in my kids’ room at night, I just double click and slide it back.

Wait… which flashlight is getting sold here, again? :slight_smile:

Hey guys in charge of writing the copy:

Cree, Incorporated is the name of an LED manufacturer. It is NOT an acronym, ergo not spelled with all caps.

It’s capitalized in their logo, but that’s only in the same way that Best Buy, Dell, or Lego capitalize their logos. You don’t capitalize it in text when referring to Cree LEDs, just like you don’t say LEGO blocks or DELL computers.

It’s tactical because it comes with a pain compliance front, has a back switch for thumb usage, a side clip and even comes with a holster for a duty belt…It’s not just some fancy name…you’re welcome.