Smooth Fitness 5.65 Folding Treadmill

Great stocking stuffer!

I have to admire Woot’s chutzpah for featuring such an extravagant item when most people’s shopping budget is already spent – especially in this economy.

Since this will likely not sell out, I look forward to receiving one in my next Bag of Cr.ap. Sure beats the jumbo tampon rack and Bulldog email alert I received last time.

finally an item where the $5 shipping is actually a great deal!!!

Great cat toy as well: [youtube=S1k86fWsmRE][/youtube]

This is a great thing to get your wife for Christmas! There are some great deals on scales and diet pills over at deals.woot too!

I expect all those people complaining about the shipping on the calendars to buy three of these to get back at Woot!. Come on you complainers and force Woot! to go broke shipping three treadmills for $5.

+1!!!

Fortunately, buying a treadmill doesn’t limit you to just owning a treadmill!

All treadmill belts will be needing lubeing during some point of their life so that the belt doesn’t deteriorate as quickly.

This looks like the product website ($999.99) with reviews:

http://www.smoothfitness.ca/treadmills/smooth-565.htm

I cry foul woot! I don’t want to see anything to do with exercise or fitness until the turn of the year when we make all those weight loss resolutions that we never keep.

It’s Christmastime, show us mail order bacon!

Speaking of which, my brother recently bought this ‘travel’ Elliptical:

Stamina 55-1610 InMotion E1000 Elliptical

He paid $150 but I see it is now $89, it is a small compact that he keeps in the trunk of his car as he does a good bit of travel… takes it right up to his motel room and no fuss about if there is a gym or not.

I tried it… It was sufficient…

seams a little more reasonable than a $800 treadmill : )

-Jam

[MOD: File size on that gif was a big hefty. Funny though. Here’s the link instead.]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1282136/woot/treadmill-1267210720209.gif

Max weight of 300 lbs seems a little light, given the size of people who may want to use this machine to lose weight.

This is literally hundreds of dollars less than found other places…

I don’t have one of my own-- so I researched some of the reviews about this item found elsewhere. It appears that the general consensus of the all-so-wise consumer panels of the world agree that it a good treadmill for the under $1000.00 dollar range. There seems to also be a built in fan that people are very fond of as well.

The $5.00 shipping that woot offers on this product is something that you will find nowhere else in all the supreme vastness of the interweb.

Some of the high end models (ie Precor) don’t require lubrication because it’s embedded into the belt and it gradually releases onto the deck. Some lower-end models tend to require frequent lubrication and can void the warranty if it’s not done!

I love the elliptical since I can burn twice as many calories in an hour as walking on the treadmill for the same amount of time. It is also better on the joints.

I do have a treadmill at home that rarely gets used. I usually drive to the gym to use the elliptical. Maybe after the new year we will see a woot for an elliptical?

Now that’s a good idea.

Interesting…And not to get too off-topic here, but here is an interesting concept: Elliptigo
They ARE a bit pricey; especially for those who think this tread is expensive!

Bought this earlier this year and I personally don’t use it, but my wife does. No complaints from her. The quality is not bad. I don’t like items made of cheap plastics and lightweight because they are usually flimsy. This one is pretty heavy and sturdy so no regrets. I see Costco selling cheaper ones made by Reebok from time to time, but I don’t know if those are any good or not. If you factor the sales tax and the hassle of transporting it to your residence. This is still the best buy for a new tread mill.

Get yourself a hi-tech bike. There is no impact on the knees or any joints, and it offers resistance, which is the best form of exercise. Treadmills don’t, although you can wear weights – which unfortunately, increases the impact on your joints. Resistance is important not only for the muscles, but it also increases bone density.

I recommend a hi-tech bike only because you can have different programs, which makes exercise much more interesting. And it can optimize your goals, i.e. strength, aerobic or endurance, as well as provide feedback. Our Schwinn 140 simulates various terrains, increasing and decreasing resistance automatically while monitoring our heartrate. You can also program in two individual profiles, which helps chart progress. We got it for $200.

Now if they can only make a treadmill that actually takes you places.