Snap Sights 35mm Waterproof Camera

Just in time for my trip to Playa Del Carmen! I am not about to give the kids my digital camera around any sort of liquid and if they lose a $15 camera in the ocean it’s no biggie. :slight_smile:

Thanks woot!

This would be a great camera to use for taking pictures of stingrays… right before they strike!

woot just got it :stuck_out_tongue:

perfect for avid surfer like me :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe a good woot for circa 1986, but not for 2006. I don’t care if it is waterproof, it is, dare I say it? ANALOG!

Night!

ATTENTION DIVERS!

When items are rated to 100ft (or anything less than 100m, for that matter), they are static tests, which do not include additional pressure from swimming or moving around or the occasional bump. I do not dive with items rated to less than 200ft to recreational limits. If you’re doing shallow diving (say, 60ft), you’ll likely be OK. Any more than that, be prepared to lose it.

But, for $10, if it does flood and lose your shots, who cares?

Is it stingray proof? I wonder how many of these do they have? Do they still have places to develop the films? To bad it isn’t digital. :frowning:

Now I am pissed, last week I through out a dozen rolls of ASA 64 Kodak, knowing I would never use it, as it as been in my fridge for the last 15 years. However this would have worked well. Just goes to show you, WOOT comes up with just the things you need, after you throw out what you have.

Nite Nite Wooters

Night Woot! Thanks for the circa 1996 flashback

I bought one of these on a cruise ship last year. Used it to take pics of stingrays and dolphins underwater. It is not a pro camera, but for the price it is very good and gives you nice underwater capability.

For all the 35mm detractors… I have a cannon digital rebel that is an awesome digital, but a good underwater housing is around $1,000.00. 35mm for the rare occasion underwater use is very affordable and can easily be converted to digital.

I am thinking yes. I wish I had a waterproof camera the last time I snorkled.

Price $29.95 Here with decent reviews.
http://www.scuba.com/shop/diving.asp_cat_420_scuba_1_gear_069047_pn_SNAP-SIGHTS-SPORTS-WATERFLASH-RE-USABLE-CAMERA

Awesome, I got one! I’m going to Bermuda in three weeks and I plan to go snorkeling and kayaking, and possibly try out SCUBA. You can get regular film sent to you as a CD now, so no scanning necessary. I almost got two in case my in-laws want to take pictures in Bermuda too, but they’re not really water types so I figured one was enough. And hey, I can use it when I go kayaking at home too!

THANKS WOOT!

35 mm = where do I store the negatives in an already cluttered household??? No thanks.

You…have…GOT…TO BE KIDDING ME. I think Woot found this at “Treasure Hunt” or one of those such stores. $5 to ship it? COME ON! Can I please buy a $15 camera for $10 and then pay woot $5 to ship it?

I personally think this is a great Christmas gift for my kids. THey will have a blast with them in the pool and at the beach next summer. FOr 9.99 who cares if they break them, they will think they are awesome!

I wouldn’t use this to photograph an aquarium!!

Any moron can take a picture with a digital camera…it takes skill and art to take good pictures with film. I will have this with me on my next dive. FILM RULES!!!

Piece of crap! :slight_smile:
Just went on a honeymoon. Purchased that camera (for $12). The shots where horrible under water. (wth flash)

Maybe a super sunny day + flash would be ok. :slight_smile:

I have one of these I bought for my trips to Hawaii… I am a klutz and am always dropping/breaking/losing/spilling my margaritas on things. I do like this camera. It is about as cost effective as buying the disposable kind, and the picture quality is good (not fantastic)-just don’t use the underwater case when taking pictures out of the water (they look like you took them through a window!). I didn’t have any trouble with sand/saltwater/margaritas damaging mine. I had no problems with it leaking. The button is kind of hard to tell if you’ve depressed it when you are underwater, and it winds backwards, which takes some getting used to.

It’s better than that – you can buy THREE!