Snow Joe Electric Snow Thrower - 15amp

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Snow Joe Electric Snow Thrower - 15amp
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Dec 16 to Monday, Dec 19) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://tools.woot.com/offers/snow-joe-electric-snow-thrower-15amp-1) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Snow Joe Electric Snow Thrower - 15amp) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Snow Joe Electric Snow Thrower - 15amp)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/30/2016 - $129.99 - Click To See Discussion (9 comments)

I wonder who would really be excited to find this under their Christmas tree. I wouldn’t… we don’t get snow where I live.

This thing again?

I bought a top-of-the-line model SnowJoe last winter. Paid full price at Amazon ($450ish). Regretted every penny of it. Design flaws + underpowered engine = terrible experience.

Would this be hood enough to do a deck? Would it mark the (painted) wood?

I picked this up a couple weeks back and used it this past weekend on about 11" of snow that fell over the course of about 2 days and it worked great! I went out 3-4 times, each time throwing 3-4", and it had no issues. The first round was dry and it became wetter with each subsequent round. Even worked well on the mound at the end of my driveway caused by the snow plows. Pulling a cord around is a little pain but it beat the alternative of shoveling. We shall see how long it lasts, but for now I am very pleased.

just the sight of these things causes such a visceral reaction with me. If a picture is worth a thousand words an image of these things says “frustrating, cold, waste of time, anger, annoying…”
Having been forced to use two of these miserable devices(one electric, one gas) I feel very strongly that anyone living in an area that necessitates a snow removal tool would be well advised to save their money and buy a two-stage snowblower.

When I was about 10 years old, my dad used to make me mow the lawn with an electric lawnmower. One day, while doing the usual push and fight with the cord, the front wheel of the mower dropped into a rut and I kept moving forward. Thinking that the cord was doing its usual pulling, I pushed a little harder. The back of the mower lifted and my next step put my foot right into the blade. It chopped through my shoe and about 1/2 way into the nail on my big toe. That was the day I stopped mowing the lawn.

I can only imagine the sort of fun that running over the cord with this thing would be. I don’t want to imagine the sort of fun that running over my foot would be.

OTOH, I have a friend who is a hand surgeon. He gets a lot of work in the summer from lawn mower incidents, but even more in the winter from snow throwers. Snow throwers with gas engines cause hand injuries because people try to remove blockages with their hands. Even when the engine is off, the cylinder(s) have compression. Put your hand in there to remove a blockage and the blade, driven by the pressure spins and catches your hand. This device, being electric, would not be that sort of problem.

edit just realized this is not the cordless model…

disregard

You are absolutely right. When I was younger I shoveled it all by hand. After 20+ years of that, 2 neighbors and I went in on a quality 2-stage model and it was the best money we ever spent.
A snowblower is one of those tools where you need to buy one that can handle the worst you can throw at it. You can shovel 3-4 inches of light powder if need be, which is what this type of snowblower is made for. When you really need a snowblower is when you have 8 inches of heavy, wet snow and this device is NOT capable of handling that.

I have the 21" model, also 15amp. I’ve only used it a couple times this year, but it’s done the job.

No, it’s not as heavy or powerful as a gas one. Where a s gas model might take two passes to clear, this might take three.

Is it faster than shoveling? Yes, but not by a whole lot and you still may have to go out with a shovel to tidy if you insist on pristine bare concrete. But unlike shoveling, you won’t hurt your back.

But, it’s light and easy to maneuver, easy to maintain and use.

Shouldn’t this be in the “Kid’s Woot” section?

I bought this model a few weeks ago and just recently used it on my deck when we got 6" of snow. It worked like a dream. Just get a good 12 awg. cold weather extension cord and you should be fine.

I bought one of the earlier models (without a light) and used it when we had 96" of snow here in the Boston area.
It worked very well, because the snow was light. Not so well when it was heavy and wet. Last year I got a two-stage (Craftsman) snowblower, but we had a lot less snow.
The SnowJoe is light and maneuverable. With the 96" snow,the only real problems it had was throwing the snow high enough (toward the end of the season) to get it onto the existing piles, and getting through the packed snow at the end of the driveway.
But for heavy wet snow, a two stage is your best bet.

I had one of these. With these corded snow blowers, cord gauge and quality make all the difference. If you just use a standard orange extension cord, you won’t get enough juice. With a good 12-gauge cold weather cord, it’ll work fine…within reason of course. I’ve since switched to the cordless 40v greenworks model.

I have this 15-Amp version

And, it did this this morning. I’m happy with it:

http://i.imgur.com/Pkri4Xf.jpg

I am not sure if this is the exact model we purchased but mine completely disintegrated on the third use.

The auger became dislodged and basically ate the entire housing that surrounded it shooting the pieces out of the chute until there was little left. We boxed up all the shards of plastic and returned it.

If you live somewhere with real winters save your money and buy something better.

I have used our on a Trek Deck the last 2 winters. We get heavy wet snow but not too deep 3 - 4 inches. No damage to deck.

I bought one of these a few weeks back, when you could choose between the corded and the cordless model. Specs on the corded one seemed better (metal auger, more powerful motor), so I figured what the hell and resigned myself to monkeying with a cord.

I was skeptical, as I live in MI and snow is a fact of life, and reviews on it were mixed. This last weekend we got about 10" of snow, and I got to go out and try it for the first time. I went out twice, once in the morning (2-3" of snow) and had no problems. Decided to wait for the snow to finish before going out again, as a test. It worked remarkably well removing 7-8" of snow and threw it a decent distance. Time will tell if it falls apart on me. The housing is plastic, which is both good and bad. On the one hand, it’s lightweight and won’t rust/freeze. On the downside, it feels a bit flimsy.

Words of advice: Get a good, hot/cold weather, 12 gauge extension cord rated for 15 amps and don’t throw the snow into the wind. Managing the cord isn’t terribly difficult, although it slows the process down a bit. Make sure you tie a loose knot around the cords to keep it in place, else you’ll be accidentally unplugging it every 5 minutes. The minor annoyances beat the hell out of shoveling, though.