FLYING SCREAMING MONKEYS. I have some.
And by some, I mean three. I have one blue cape, and two flaming capes. This is going to require a little thinking and a little work but I think you’re up to it.
THIS IS A SATURDAY ONLY THING, BTW.
- Find mod Inkycatz wandering the convention halls of PAX. You will know her by her green Monkey Games shirt, red hair and stompy boots. I promise not to hide under a hoodie. (It’s hot. This is an easy promise.)
- I will be at several game booths. I will be holding still at several points in the day.
- I am not a tall person, and I may also be wearing a hat.
- If you see me outside the main convention hall, that doesn’t count. No ambushing at doorways and bathrooms.
- I cannot twitter my location with any reliability, because my reception sucks.
- CALL HER BY HER MOD NAME, by which I mean get her attention by saying YO INKYCATZ or something similar.
- Do something entertaining for her and whoever she is with, because chances are I’ll be hanging with the many people off and on through the day. Will you bring her a banana? Will you do your best monkey imitation? Challenge her to a card game of POO? Let’s make this fun.
- If I do not have any monkeys left, I will attempt to twitter using the hashtags #inkycatz and #wootmonkeys to let folks know. At that point, you are welcome to say hi to me anyway and we can talk nerdy. If you are wearing a woot shirt, EVEN BETTER. I may even give you a cookie if I have some. (The Cookie Brigade made them, so they’re wrapped in plastic. I didn’t make them.)
If I do not find three lovely community people before I go to the Gamers Doing Good or AppNation Live panels, I will probably just either leave a monkey somewhere for a lucky person to take home, or launch that sucker right in the air in the middle of Seattle. It depends on my whimsy at that point.
I have faith in you, community. I have seen many woot! shirts this weekend. I know you will find me.
Good luck, and monkeyspeed.
ps. If you get a monkey, no coming back for seconds. If you are in a group of people, only one of you is getting a monkey. Limited quantities and my sanity, folks.