SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?

HAHAHAHA BRE!!

My niece is borderline autistic.

I was refering more to his ability to pull all types of facts out of thin air, not his illness.

Weren’t his ability and his illness related?

Illness or gift? Depends on how you look at it.

You guys are digging a bigger hole…

I apologize KT… I’m going to WOW and start harassing Mods.

How so?

With a shovel?

No matter…

Good, as I wasn’t making fun of anyone or putting anyone down. I was comparing your ability to pull facts out of thin air with a fictional characters ability to pull facts out of thin air. If that offended you, then it offended you. I don’t see why you were / are getting upset.

I see now, for this I’ll apologize. It’s not an illness, autism. Just being born with autism doesn’t make someone “ill”. That was a bad choice of a word. Sorry.

I realize that now. :slight_smile: Thanks.

Well, now thart I actually know what it means, I’ll use it fer shure, dude.
-ette.

“Really, Mr. Ghandi, must you be quite so abstemious? Have a cookie.”

I thought they where the same thing.

I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me, but I thought autism was just characterized by sort of a withdrawal from social interaction. Not everyone who is autistic can pull numbers out like the movie character, and not everyone who can pull numbers out like that is autistic. Some autistic people have obsessive behavior, but not all, I thought… related, but not exactly the same thing.

Just my ignorance showing, I guess.

KT could, perhaps, shed some light on this.

Technically, Autism is a shortening of the umbrella term “Autism Spectrum Disorder”. It is also catagorized as a syndrome. Autism Spectrum Disorders include diagnosis like Asperger’s syndrome where intelligence is normal to high, and Autism. The Autistic Savant is the type of Autism you are refering to in your post.

Me.

Pretty impressive that the Chinese can still reproduce at that rate while walking past me.