SOG FastHawk 3-Piece Camping Set

Woot, if you would put this package in a bag, it would be an additional, bonus, one night only BAG O’_ _ _ _!!!

I have this.

The “Fasthawk” is basically a small tomahawk. So it’s helpful, if you were trying to cut down a sapling. Any kind of real wood processing basically renders this into a kindling maker, done much easier by a real axe or full size hatchet. The actual blade is something like 1.75 inches in total length. Not something you’ll be removing a lot of material with.

The “Revolver” is basically a badly thought out knife. The saw cuts, but it’s so short you’re better off using the Fasthawk if you want to cut something in half without regard to a clean cut. The short blade means you can only saw so much. The knife itself is handy, although they designed the rotational stop by having the blade run into a small cylindrical pin.

The shovel is a shovel. It’s thin stainless steel. I used it in my mothers garden for lack of a full sized tool. It works O.K in mulch and soft dirts, but if you try to move anything requiring some backbone, the shovel is going to deform. The locking system is a threaded plastic nut with a washer, so it tends to loosen and the thin metal itself tends to deform and shave away resulting inevitably in the shovel no longer locking. Also, it’s not a concave/convex shovel. It’s flat, meaning it won’t scoop very well. Who the hell was incharge of that design?

I enjoyed the purchase, but it’s not something I would accquire on a second chance.

Well, thank goodness our tax dollars are going toward something better than this piece of crap set/plus shovel!

The shovel (“entrenching tool”) is absolute garbage. Don’t try to trench in any soil that resists. The little tomahawk device would be good for the zombie defense kit.

ordered this for winter!!! let ME get stranded!

Hmm…when the zombies come in late 2012, I don’t see much use for the shovel or saw. Tomahawk, perhaps.

These are horrible… and I mean that… Part of my disdain is fueled by the previous SOG products I bought after being suckered by fellow wooters… Part by the reviews for this product… and part by the fact that I want to have time to go get dinner before the next item…

But thats still a solid 66% don’t buy for your own good.

With this outfit, you most likely WILL…

The handle of that shovel is so short the only thing you’ll be burying with it is your dreams, or maybe your poop.

You’d be better off getting an entrenching tool from an Army surplus store.

Not a bad set, but standard woot pricing. I have it and I love the tomahawk. It’s not really for chopping things outside of zombies but it’s cool. The spinning saw-knife thing is a novelty and the shovel is good for light jobs but I wouldn’t keep it in my 4x4 to dig it out. All in all not the best Sog set but not the worst either.

At least the tomahawk doesn’t have a bubble level in the handle.

You continue offering this stuff.

Why don’t you guys put this junk into the bag-o-crap ?

Then at least you could get rid of it all at once without having to repeatedly peddle to us.

We’re seeking quality products not garbage.

Take note of that.

PEOPLE, please buy these things !
Good quality, yes, but appearing every few days, is it you, or Woot ??

You haven’t been here THAT long, nor made that many purchases. It’s probably Amazon, but none of us really know.

I took the Entrenching Tool with me on a metal detecting trip and used it one time. Why only one time you ask? Because after the first attempt digging into soft, sandy soil the “tool” was deformed and showing signs of metal fatigue. The word tool should appear no where in the name of this product other than to refer to it’s creator.

To be bluntly honest I would stay far away from this kit.

The tomahawk’s blade is made of 420 SS. This is a very poor choice for an impact blade since this metal is fairly easy to chip and crack. Think about the knife selling dude of HSN that cut his arm open with a SS sword after bouncing it off of a table. Additionally, tomahawks are poor tools for chopping wood. They can do it but not very well. This would be better for attacking zombies, throwing or both.

The knife is an interesting design and it is probably the most useful of the bunch for a small saw/knife combo. If you realize it’s small size and therefore reduced ability it could come in handy. That said, I think it is a bit of a “futon” and a person would be better suited with two separate mini tools.

The shovel is most likely the most useless of the three. I have had numerous of these styled tools and all of them were flimsy, hard to use and just plain frustrating.

I think a person would b better suited with a small hatchet/machete, small pruning or pocket saw and a blade of some sort.

Rounding out the Wootpocalypse Collection!

While I cannot comment on the actual quality, my teenage sons and their compatriots think highly of SOG products, and of the Revolver and FastHawk. Got this set for my middle son for his birthday, and he was a very happy camper (pun intended). So for a gift for someone whose survival is not dependent on these - this is great! So now you can guess what my youngest son is getting for Christmas.

Holy, holy sh*t! I am still being told to grab today’s “bargains” on stockings!!! Once again, I have to ask: is it just because I’m a woman or are you all getting the same ads???

SOLD OUT!!!