SOG Multi-Tool Powerlock EOD with Leather Sheath

Give SOG a call. They advertise a “lifetime” warrenty. I haven’t returned any of their products but if your tool still looks new sans the screw driver I think they might replace it for you, or at least send you a new screw driver head since the attachments on the tool are interchangable.

Under features on the product page they list the piano locks. I’m reasonably sure from both the pictures and the model number that this is the older model with one large lock for all the attachments rather than the piano lock system that is included on SOG’s newer tools.

For what its worth, I’ve used both and I think the piano lock system is kind of a gimmick. The “piano keys” used to unlock individual tools are soo small you can’t help but press more than one of them. I’d rather just have the large single button release.

Just my two cents.

I intend to see if they will send me a replacement part. The postage to ship it in would probably outway the cost of buying the replacement part myself, and they have no RMA program set up on their site, just mail it here and if it doesnt get lost well take a look, which seemed rather unprofessional. Maybe I just got a bad one, the comments on the woot were extremely positive. I just have never had any problems with any of my tools and was rather shocked.

Just the other day somebody asked me, “Is that an SOG Multi-Tool Powerlock EOD with Leather Sheath in your pocket or are you happy to see me?”

I was just happy to see them.

That shocks me too as I haven’t had a problem with mine yet. Is there an obvious problem in the steel? Is there an air bubble where it broke or anything like that? Just curious if it was a fluke or if mine is likely to do the same thing one day.

I have both, one in leather, one in nylon. Just because…

Does not have a C4 punch if you are buying for someone in EOD.

No, this particular one has the phillips head screw driver. I believe the built in wire crimpers are what classify it as the EOD model.

Should buy this one the c4 spike can be purchased seperately and can be swapped out with one of the other tools of your choosing.

Bought this last time Woot offered it… Have it clipped to my belt every day since I got it. I use it every day for something.

Wonder why it costs more than it did when I bought it. Hmmm…

Still a great deal, compared to prices elsewhere.

Shipping Update

SOG Multi-Tool Powerlock EOD with Leather Sheath has completely shipped via FEDEX 2 Day. All tracking will be emailed by the end of the day to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

I just got mine, and want to confirm that the metal covers are extremely flimsy, and pop off for almost no reason at all. I didn’t like the case it came with (Just personal preference) so I put mine in an insulated nylon bag I have. The weight feels more “solid” than “heavy” to me. I don’t know why this wasn’t included.

Overall, the quality seems really good. I haven’t had reason to really do more than play with it yet, but I like it so far.