SOG Sync I Multitool - Traveler Knife

SOG Sync I Multitool - Traveler Knife

Completely useless, a novelty at best

I own the SOG TSA approved full size multi-tool (bought from woot) that has no blade which I carry with me when I have to work trade shows and it is not a novelty but it is a huge PITA with the TSA. It always makes it through but it can take an extra 5-15 minutes in security.

This right here will cost you the same 5-15 minutes because the TSA knows there are belt buckles with blades (in fact there is a Sync 1 with a blade, the non traveler model) and given the size it will be far less useful, BUT still far MORE useful then the multitool that can not travel with you.

OK, useless may be a bit harsh. I do remember ONE time that someone needed some pliers, couldn’t find anything, and I was all like bam! I’ve got pliers on my belt buckle. I felt like Angus friggin’ MacGyver, and everyone was impressed after the initial awkward hesitation of me grabbing at my pants and looking at my crotch. But the rest of the time, the sharp edges and corners dig into my belly, and the other tools are flimsy and hardly function. And several times the tool came inadvertently detached and fell on the floor, usually in a public bathroom. Not worth removing the buckle off of a nice leather belt IMHO, just carry a Swiss Army