SOG Toothlock VG10 San Mai Steel Pocket Knife

I find it amusing that the first person to buy a knife goes by the name “nonviolent”. Somebody’s got a serious case of denial…

haha nice

Yesterday’s SOG knives would at least attach to your assault rifle. These are more stocking stuffers for pre-teens.

Bought this one at Amazon. I freaking love it! Pretty sharp out of the box but I sharpened it up even more with my sharpener. I’ve only had it a few months and have gotten great use out of it. Does well camping but have no experience using it in combat. =P

Eagle Scout Endorsed!

I like knives. Carry one daily to use at work and have quite a few to choose from, including SOG models.

That said, there are dozens of brands/styles available out there, so why all the SOG deals?

And where are the SANSAs? C’mon Woot!

Get the death adder. I saw that 8-button razer mouse or whatever model it was… I have the RZ01-0015 (2 button with scrolly-wheel) and am using it now. It’s pure excellency.

Haven’t had any issues of it opening in my pocket. The pocket clip is mounted opposite the blade, and since it is not spring-assisted, it stays put. The slide-release takes more effort to use than could be done inside a pocket.

Best price I can find elsewhere is around $77, so this is a great deal on the knife, especially since it’s new and not refurb.

You call that a knife? This is a knife:

This is a GREAT pocket knife. I got one last time. I have quite a few nice knives (Bark River, Ka-Bar, Falknieven, ESEE, Lone Wolf Harsey, etc.) and this is about my favorite pocket knife to carry. It’s extremely durable and the blade is perfectly shaped for pocket knife use. You can either put your index finger or your thumb on the notches in the spine to apply desired pressure.

The VG-10 steel is excellent, but you will need a good, hard ceramic sharpening stone to sharpen it. It’s very hard.

Only 1/2 serrated blades (Satin) left, looks like.

I second your praise for SOG knives.
Good quality knives, but please folks, know what type of knife you are buying and its function. I own and use quite a few SOG knives and haven’t ever been disappointed in their quality.

I’m not sure if I would trust a refurbished knife in my moment of greatest need, like when I’m deciding “It’s either him or me who’s gonna die tonight.” Then I remember I was too cheap to pay full price for the Woot one, and I bought a refurb knife from some knock-off cheap a**ed website.

SOG’s product suck. Expect this to snap or improbably explode at first use.

Cool, thanks for the good info.

If somebody were to buy this knife to help open Woot Off packages, then how to open the package with the knife?

Just a thought. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the straight. I LOVE my SOG!

Serrated might be nice, but the straight has WAY more uses.

Haven’t been in a knife fight lately, but I can understand your concern.

Scissors