Soirée Bottle Top Wine Aerator (2)

Soirée Bottle Top Wine Aerator 2-Pack
$21.99 $̶5̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 56% off List Price

Website

Very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bedbathandbeyond.com

Lots of solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

Let’s listen to some groovy music and watch this in action [youtube=4Lwhbv7yhuQ][/youtube]

I have one of these and it works great. Research has shown that in-bottle aerators seem to be more effective than those which are held over the glass. I can’t cite specifics but I remember reading an article to that extent.

The key to using the Soiree is to turn the bottle completely upside down while pouring to get that maelstrom effect as seen in the product picture.

Wine aerators also work great for oxygenating wort before adding yeast.

I have used an aerator before and it does make a difference in taste. You can also use a wide bottom decanter to aerate. Either way you go about it wine aeration is a good thing.

I absolutely love my Soiree. The first time I ever saw one was when I was at Hunter Hill Vineyards, they swore by it. They even did some back to back tasting with and without for us. I bought mine here on woot back in 2010. This is pretty much 2 for 1 folks, great deal.

I bought 2 of these when woot had them earlier (was it really 2010? wow), and it is one of the best investments you can make. I use it on Trader Joe’s “Three Buck Chuck,” and it makes the wine taste more like a $15 bottle. For Reds, inverting the bottle 180 degrees is the key, for whites, you do not usually need to aerate it quite as much, so usually a 90 degree pour is sufficient.

Highly, HIGHLY recommended.

The Soirée really works. It’s great. Unfortunately my wife is too much of a klutz. She’s smashed two of them. We’ve got the plastic Rabbit model now, which may not be as good but is drop resistant.

Loving the great comments for this. Keep 'em coming!

Great product. Just be bold and completely invert. Give this away to friends. Only rave reviews, including my French cousine who was highly skeptical. Have two more in stock, otherwise would buy more.

I have posted here before when this is on Woot. I have had my Soiree for several years and love it. I bought them for all my wine drinking relatives. People are impresed when you use it, as it is beautiful to watch the wine swirl around as it aerates. It works exreemly well and is not as expensive as the other brands on the market. As someone else posted, this is practically a 2 for 1 deal. Go for it. You won’t be sorry!

I have this and the vinturi, and I can honestly say I prefer the vinturi. This one is okay if I’m pouring into a decanter, but for a glass, it’s clumsy, fragile, and spatters half the wine everywhere except inside the glass (and that’s holding the top below the level of the top of the glass). By contrast, the vinturi is rugged, easier to use without having to fully invert a bottle (which is a HUGE no-no for some wines), and manages to get all the wine neatly into the glass with no mess and no waste.

I love my Soiree. Here’s my breakdown of when I use what:

Decanter: Higher end bottles, aged wine, wine with sediment. When I know in advance what I’ll be opening

Vinturi: When I only plan to drink a 1-3 glasses, but not whole bottle

Soiree: When I know I’m drinking a whole bottle, but didn’t have time to decant - dinner parties are great, as people love them.

I love this little aerator too - I tend to pour it fully upside down for reds and maybe at a 30 degree angle for white wine.

I see the biggest difference when I buy a very cheap young red that hasn’t had much time to age - that’s where I taste the beauty of this little gem

I actually love my soiree and tend to finish the first bottle in a night no problem but for the second bottle we might need to only pour 3-4 glasses before calling it a night.

The soiree is great for even a few glasses and then you can put a cork or stopper in and resume the next day!!

Decanting and aeration are both great ideas. However, neither will make a bad bottle of wine magically better. If you buy a crappy bottle of wine, it will always be a crappy bottle of wine.

the three buck chuck test proves it everytime!!

I’ve done some tasting parties where we taste before and after aeration to try and trick some friends into thinking we bought more expensive wines!

I also love the drying rack that these soiree aerators come with - makes it so easy to clean them and also store them out of the way.