Soirée Bottle Top Wine Aerator

I saw one of these on my neighbor’s kitchen counter. I thought it was a little bong or something. Now I know. In for one.

Me, too. :frowning:

Same person also did a test of 7 aerators (including Soiree and Vinturi) with same relative rankings.

But I think I understand. Next time I have a bottle of a “big” '08 PS, I’ll put it in the blender for 20 seconds to aerate it. (Shhh; don’t tell my guests.)

Another review of the Soiree:

http://www.drinkdrycreek.com/?p=404

(No comparison to the Vinturi however.)

We need a wine.woot blind tasting using each method on a few different types of bottles.

I have both this one and use it with every bottle of red I drink. I can taste a difference if I don’t use it. I’ve also left a bottle on the counter with the Sioree on it over night and it drank just as fine the next day.

Cleaning…if you clean it after your bottle is done, not too big of a deal. I just usually let hot water run through it, pour a little dish soap into it, close one end with my finger and shake to get the side, then rinse with hot water.

If you wait a day or so to clean it, it’s a little tougher. Need to let it soak in hot water to get the inside edges.

I got one of these this past summer. First I got yelled at for buying it. But after we used it once, I was roundly praised for my wise Wooting.

It really seems to activate the flavors in wines and, frankly, is fun to pour through. Just don’t forget to wash it, lest the fruit flies feast on foraged fermentations.

I have a Vinturi and use it when in a pop n pour situation (never tried the Soiree). It does make a difference, but IMO decanting provides a better experience.

I find the results of that taste test suspect. Weather aerating or decanting, I always pour a straight sample glass as soon as I open the bottle. I’ve never considered the sample better than either of the other methods. Yet it ranks 2 out of 4 in the taste test.

I bought one of these the last time they were up. I’ve been forced to drink some fairly cheap wine as of late and these do make a difference. Unfortunately I have yet to try it on a bottle of Thunderbird, which is the true test of any enhancement device.

Hmmm. I have a Vinturi and a decanter. It seems like I have aeration\breathing covered, but I continue to be intrigued by this gadget. Maybe it’s something to take to a restaurant when the whole bottle will be consumed?

WHAT’S THE SONG???

Killer fish bowl, yo.

Pipe and crepe?

Please don’t take that “review” as gospel. The reviewers in many cases preferred a “popped & poured” wine vs. decanted, Vinturi or the Soiree.

Bottom line: All three do the same thing, it’s just a personal choice of which design and method that suits your drinking.

I like that the Vinturi because it’s not delicate glass and it’s not attached to a bottle. I always use my decanter if I can wait the hour or so, but Vinturi is nice when tasting or travelling especially since you don’t have to attach it to the winery’s bottles in the tasting rooms.

I have always wanted to try this. In for 1.

Just bought the Vinturi yesterday, I’m excited to begin the journey! I’ll pass on this one for now until I give the Vinturi a try.

“Unfortunately”? I would think you would be relieved. Then again, it would be a really cheap test (except for the blinding headache).

I have all 3 (decanter, Soiree, Venturi) and I use them as such:

Decanter for my best wines

Venturi when I just want one or two glasses of everyday or slightly better wine

Soiree when I’m sharing a bottle and know I will finish it (it’s also a crowd pleaser at dinner parties if you’re not breaking out the good stuff)

Looks neat, but think I am going to pass. Feel free to put one in my stocking, I promise not to try and return it.

Is it me, or is the yellow bar shrinking, I thought they were almost sold out 10 min. ago.

No competition… Ken Venturi was one of the greatest sportscasters ever!

When using it, is the Soiree quiet?