Soirée Bottle Top Wine Aerator

Pretty much everything she said. I’ll add that I’ve used it in conjunction with other methods (my decanter, an aerating funnel, both) and it has never failed to offer some improvement.

A lot of wines (especially cabs) still open dramatically over time, so I’d say it cuts 1/2-1 hour off your wait time. Just a guess.

The Box of Carburetors went up on the main Woot site, which tends to screw up all the Woot sites a bit due to the tremendous amount of traffic suddenly flooding the servers. It should clear up in a few minutes once the bags are gone.

Hi Everyone,

It’s not an unfair question. I’ve only been a winewooter for perhaps one year, but I always wondered whether or not Cesare worked for WineWoot.

It never mattered enough for me to ask since I don’t recall his giving opinions on wines (although I may have missed that) and the other thing I always wondered about was what that erratically-appearing red bar.

Thanks to both the question-asker and you for the answers, and also thanks to Cesare. Always makes me happy to see his face staring out when I log in.

Steve

I beg to differ: His profession merely pays in quality posts!

Unrelated, and yet related, I cannot endorse this product as it is not encrusted with the rubies that bring out the true flavor of fine wine.

Want to buy but it keeps coming up with a ‘503’ error. what’s that?

The Box of Carburetors went up on the main Woot site, which tends to screw up the forums a bit due to all the traffic suddenly flooding the site. It should clear up in a few minutes once the bags are gone.

duplicate

duplicate

Hi Everyone,

It’s not an unfair question. I’ve only been a winewooter for perhaps one year, but I always wondered whether or not Cesare worked for WineWoot.

It never mattered enough for me to ask since I don’t recall his giving opinions on wines (although I may have missed that) and the other thing I always wondered about was what that erratically-appearing red bar.

Thanks to both the question-asker and you for the answers, and also thanks to Cesare. Always makes me happy to see his face staring out when I log in.

Steve

duplicate

The venturi works rather well

Picked up one of these the last time it was offered. Couple of thoughts.
-in it’s holder, on a shelf, it does resemble a bong. guests will take a second glance at it.
-easy to clean, just run soapy water through it.
-bit of a workout. . .pouring this vertically into a decanter it’ll take a minute or two to empty a bottle.

As far as the improvements to the wine, I don’t really know, haven’t done the side by side taste comparison yet. But if I’m decanting an hour or two in addition to using this aerator, i have to be helping those reds open up, and thats a good thing.

This is definitely worth picking up. Really love mine, actually prefer using this to the expensive decanter I received as a Christmas gift years back. This opens up a wine so much better.

I have one of these and love it. I’ve been trying for over half an hour to buy two more for gifts, to no avail. I’m tired of trying, will sit tight until I see someone post that the problem is fixed. (Hopefully, I won’t end up with 26 of them, given that I’ve tried about 13 times to get an order in.)

I’ll chime in with another positive opinion of the soiree. Here are the main benefits I’ve found:

1. It cuts the decanting time for big reds. Instead of having to wait around for an hour, I can drink it much sooner. Good for me because I always forget to open a bottle ahead of time.

2. It’s very convenient if I’m only having a glass or two. Instead of dumping half the bottle into the decanter, I can pour out a glass and immediately close up the bottle.

I’ve never used a vinturi or any other aerating gadget, but the soiree has worked very well for me.

Same here, I’ve tried twice now and get 503’d instead of the order confirmation. I give up.

And the BOC is not to blame, they’re on their second post-BOC item.

$1 more on Amazon.com and eligible for Prime shipping :smiley:

Bah, it’s been forever since they’ve had a cheese offering…

Got one of these awhile back, and I like it. Problem with it is its very delicate, and I’m always afraid that I’m going to break it.

<----- Is un happy that the site for some reason kept giving me system unavailable and wouldn’t let me buy 2 of these!. Worse is that I cant even order a 2nd one sperately! UGH