Soiree Tilt Chilling Sphere (2)

We wish we could coordinate things with them but as an independent subsidiary, it doesn’t work that way. The price change probably means that the 3rd party vendor that had them at $19.99 sold out. Or they saw so many hits on their page, they raised the price. I dunno.

Okay… how the hell did you take a photo of a reflective sphere without having the camera visible?

I hope you’re not retouching the pics. That would just be… well… I guess it wouldn’t be anything bad. Just a bit anticlimactic.

PS TT I still don’t have my pony :frowning:

I’m glad the designer had the pictures taken that way instead of him taking this dude’s lead:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+teaforten/posts/gvMSgPxsYop

It’s possible the main pic (with the glass) is retouched, but it could also be done with clever angling. If you look at the other pics, you can see rather clearly the lightbox they’re in along with the unexposed shadow areas around the edge (the dark lines). You could put the cam in a shadow area and keep it dark enough to remain unexposed while zooming on the sphere in the lightbox.

Lookin’ like a good replacement “set” for Jaws!!!

Can it handle chilling hot liquid? I’m just pondering the iced coffee potential… Would be damaged by fresh coffee? Would be able to chill the coffee rather than just make it room temp?

Kids will find these in the freezer and use them to cool down any drink.
I wonder why the weight is not on the specs.

The sphere has to be heavier than water to sink.
A 2" sphere has a volume of 4.188790205333333 cubic inch x water density = 2.426 ounce or 68.779 gram.
Did I do the math right?

Since kids always tilt the glass all the way, this is heavy enough to cause a chipped tooth.

Just a thought.

And it’s a parent’s job to monitor their children and teach them right from wrong or dumb from not dumb. If they’re chipping adult teeth with these then maybe they’ve got larger issues.

Stainless Steel, eh? Hmm, that gives me an idea…

I’ve got a ton of rare earth magnets that I pulled from a bunch of old server hard drives, and if I go to Lowes and pick up a dozen or so Large Stainless Steel Nuts (should have a slightly higher iron content then medical stainless) I could integrate the magnets into a coaster that will hold the Nuts from the freezer to the bottom of the glass, and since they are Stainless they will have the inherited anti-bacterial properties as well as be resistant to absorbing odor…

Dang, the work day won’t end quick enough for me to put this one to trial…

…And if it doesn’t work, I can still use the nuts in other projects around the house…

UPDATE: Picked up 5 SS Nuts from Lowes during lunch, and while they do have some magnetic properties, it might not be strong enough for the magnates I have. Won’t know that until I get off work…

Second time something akin to this has now occurred. iirc the explanation the first time was rather humorous.

In most cases the vendor (not Amazon) has complete control over the product and pricing. Amazon is way too busy with fulfillment and site management to be concerned with price fixing.

Vendors usually raise their prices when they see a product selling quickly. This slows down sales to allow more time for stock to be replenished so their product page does not disappear.

You are too funny.
How often have you seen the price on something go up just because it starts selling quickly?
If Vendors did this all the time like you would LIkE us to believe, then websites like Slickdeals.net would not exist.

Please take your corporate disinformation elsewhere please, it’s insulting.

Why do you need the coaster? A flat magnet glued to the outside bottom of the glass is all you need.

Ah, but that would limit it to just one glass…

Plus, by having the magnetic apparatus removable, when you’re done with the glass, simply remove the coaster and the nuts can simply be dumped out of the glass.

And these aren’t your ordinary magnets: a couple years ago I was using two of them to hold some metal together while I was working with it and they slipped, unfortunately my pinky got in the way and the bloody things snapped it…

I’m speaking form personal experience as a seller myself. If your product sells out, the Amazon product page disappears from search completely. It’s in the vendor’s best interest to raise the price when it looks like it’s going out of stock to they don’t loose product placement to competitors.

Edited for brevity and also because I don’t disagree with your other points. However, there are people that get paid quite well to write algorithms for just such an occasion. That takes the human factor out and lets the program decide when to raise/lower prices and effectively puts the system on auto-pilot. They don’t need to worry about price watching taking away from order fulfillment since there’s a program already running that’s doing all the work.

Hopefully it was our company talking to our 3rd party sellers that like to sell items below MAP (minimum advertised price) which is an industry standard and something that we all hate about amazon. (But pls know amazon won’t step in because of price fixing fears).

And in case you wanna delve into the headaches of being a designer/manuf/seller: we in turn we end up having a few “bottom feeder” aka low-price cowboys out there that think amazon is their driveway (personal flea market) and they can sell anything at any price, which in turn screws over our retailers that promote us, have physical stores, educate customers, & celebrate the classical notion of the American dream. I digress. But the prices on amazon should be higher, & not shift to a dailymarket price. If amazon in fact enabled a 24 hour lag on price adjustments, the future for us wooters would be simple, b/c we would always know that woot has the best price, plain & simple.

You can blame the small company’s like ours that try to help maintain a general retail price and are fighting the good fight against bottom feeders who are only out for a quick buck. it is these low price sellers that do not educate, & could care less if they’re selling the 3 wolf shirt, thigh masters, or stainless steel chillers. You should feel better shopping at Wal Mart who at least shows basic integrity vs buying product from some low price opportunist, but I get it, it’s your money.

Diatribe over.
Carry on and buy some tilt’s :slight_smile:

Just FYI Tilt is made of 306SS which is food grade stainless steel & not magnetic. 400series SS is magnetic and what we know as “surgical grade” hence your magnets don’t stick to your fancy SS fridge but your nice chef knives hang on the magnet strip on the wall. Well maybe depending on your kitchen.

And if you’re thinking what I am thinking just wait 2 months and we can sell you put next product: Dimple, but I get it, I like tinkering with stuff too!

Link to dimple - our self chilling glassware:

Cheers.

The tilt sphere weighs 71grams. Didn’t include the weight for any specific reason, but always assumed that gel filled stainless steel would have no problem sinking against water, ohh were you implying we should have made them float…?

And please keep them away from kids or kinky friends. They’re cold and can freeze to the skin, not in a Christmas Story way, but treat them with common sense. And of that is not concise enough please call us, we’re happy to know what you’re drinking and help you get that beverage to optimal temp - safely!

Yes! No problem dropping a tilt into hot coffee! And due to a simple rule of energy exchange, one tilt may chill 4-8oz of hot coffee, and one tilt will only make a small dent in the temp of your ‘venti’. You may want to use a few tilts for a large hot coffee that you want chilled. But if you have Luke warm coffee and put 2 tilts in it, it should have a nice chill by the 8 minute mark ~ or so.

Go for it they’re fun.!