$49.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 2009 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website

Twitter
Facebook
Yelp

Hey, you’re supposed to be getting plowed on Bourbon Street!

Ugh it’s Sunday night! Had enough of that.

Some of the best PN I have ever had come out of Oregon, specifically Willamette Valley. All of the 2009’s have been very good too. If you can afford this, JUMP on it!

Someone forgot the monocled monkey.

I’ve been wanting to try Sokol Blosser wines since this summer when our planned trip to Oregon fell through. They had many positive reviews when I was researching where to visit. Glad I will finally get to try their wines.

In for three. The wife isn’t going to be very happy, at least until she tastes it.

And would love any opportunity to rat to dull the pain I’ll feel as soon as she checks the credit card…

:slight_smile:

Earlier in the fall I went to a wine dinner and a friend opened the 2008 Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, estate cuvee. I have no tasting notes from the night but I do know that I enjoyed it. I can’t vouch for the vintage but I can vouch for the winery.

Good winery, not my favorite PN from WV, but I would recommend this to any PN lover.

They do make a REALLY yummy late harvest Riesling, but it’s a bit pricey.

My love affair with Sokol Blosser started with a bottle of 12th edition Evolution on my 30th birthday, and it hasn’t stopped. I joined their cellar club in 2009, and I’m fairly certain that I still have several bottles of this in the rack (I seem to have more of a collection going these days as opposed to drinking). I don’t know that I still have the tasting notes that came with the shipment, but if I can find them, I’ll post them.

That said, they’re wonderfully nice people that make a great wine. You won’t be disappointed.

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a Gathering now!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

Pity the sole CT review really tells us nothing of the wine :frowning:

I’d love to hear more serious notes on the SB Pinot if anyone has tried it.

Here’s the winery info on it:

2009 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir - $38.00

Flavors and aromas are of truffle, black cherry, and raspberry.

Pairs well with salmon, mushroom, and lamb dishes.

Grown predominately in the remarkable red Jory soil of Yamhill County’s Dundee Hills, Sokol Blosser’s 2009 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir exhibits distinctive characteristics that define the wine and set it apart. Although vintage variations and blending choices make each year’s wines different and unique, in 2009 there is a core of distinct flavors and aromas - truffle, mushroom, leather, cherry, berry, violet and spice - all of which say “Sokol Blosser”! With proper cellaring, everything is in place for this wine to develop and age beautifully for the next ten to fifteen years.

Darn, I really want this. SIWBM is not working out so well.

The 2008 ran on some other deal sites for the same price a while back.

I was just discussing my lack of Oregon pinot noir with my father not five minutes ago, and here comes wine david to try to fix my “problem”!

What I would like to know, though, is how influential the oak is in the flavour, given that it’s almost half new oak for quite a while. Is this an oak bomb or will the complexities start to come out after a few months in the bottle?

Just maybe we’ll be lucky enough to have some rat reports today, specially since we had none last Friday.

Okay, silly tv trivia time… Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 8… “Pigs & Pinot” - Kevin Gillespie won the challenge using pinot from this winery. Charlie Palmer was the guest judge.

cripes, I’m going back into denial mode now…

Just bought this at the winery a couple of weeks ago. This is a much better deal and worth it. You will not be disappointed! In for 2.

Unsure solely because of how much I’ve spent in the past couple months; I live about 40 miles from this vineyard and can DEFINITELY say it’s extremely well worth it at this price point.

Also possibly the nicest looking bottle I’ve seen thus far on ww.