Solar LED Mosquito & Insects Trap

Solar LED Mosquito & Insects Trap

In the description “Humanely traps all types of pesky insects without the need for chemicals”

What do you do with the pesky insects once it “traps” them? I would think “catch-and-release” isn’t the best way to deal with pesky insects. For example, opening a jar of pissed off wasps is a really bad idea.

4 Likes

Its not a trap its a breeding box

2 Likes

Maybe compared to a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap and the smell of burning bug flesh?

1 Like

I just had a look around Amazon and I found a product that looks and functions just like this one. It has a rating of 1 with 9 reviews and none of them said it caught a single bug (of any sort)…

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/8662325678498578705/reviews?q=Solar+LED+Mosquito+%26+Insects+Trap&rlz=1CAVNXA_enUS823&oq=Solar+LED+Mosquito+%26+Insects+Trap&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thank you for sharing the reviews. I was wondering how effective these insect traps were because if they worked, I would buy a couple. I bought another product from Amazon that claimed it would zap insects but had no reviews until after I bought it and it ended up not working. I even waited passed the return period, which meant I wasted my money. Again, much appreciated. I no longer trust these things with no reviews.

1 Like

Looks like this goes in the category of something that was a great idea with one small problem: they couldn’t figure out how to make it work. But they produced and marketed it anyway as cheaply as possible hoping they could sell enough to rubes to make some money. Sadly, they probably do.

The other thing this reminds me of are those solar vent things you stick in the top of your car window. So wanted those to work! But all reviews point to not.

2 Likes

I am starting to believe this is a mosquito REPELLER as it has not caught even 1 insect. I made sure it is ON and charged. I do attract some mosquitoes that keep ignoring this trapa and saying “hi” to me… I will return as soon as I can.

1 Like

Yep. Look at the Woot sales chart on the listing. More than a few Wooters bought them…

Woot%20Bug%20Trap%20Sales

Bought a set, and neither works for over a minute, more like 30 seconds. And this was after putting both out in the sun all day! Put them both out again for 2 days while off, and still less than a minute of being on.

Contacted Customer Service about return.

So, apparently I got on the same Bus as everyone else only to be dropped off in Downtown Disappointmentville. The 1st “Trap”, if you can legally call it that, popped a Cap… literally a Capacitor exploded on 1st day of charging. To date the only Death was a slug that crawled in the other one that had fallen over in the grass. :rage:
That’ll teach me for not opening a Woot item a month after ordering it.

-P

Sorry for the problem. You still have the 90-day manufacturer warranty. It’s linked in the features.

The only thing these trap is rainwater. and after two weeks one of the traps solar panel crapped out!