Solar Window Personal Device Charger

Solar Window Personal Device Charger

Does it store any power? Can it be charged?

Hello. Per the vendor:

So the solar window charger recharges in direct sunlight or with the included usb cord that can be plugged in if desired.

It will hold a slight charge when it is not in use but not the same as a power bank. The window charger should be disconnected from the device when it is finished charging.

Sorry for my honest 2 cents opinion. I think this solar charger has 2 major flaws.

1. Listing said 2-3 hours to charge a phone, so we may deduce it is a slow 1A x 5V charger. This means it cannot supply enough power to use a phone while charging it during daytime.

2. I wished it had a built-in battery, so we may charge the battery during daytime and use it to charge our phone overnight, but you clarified it has no battery.

1 Like

I am so glad I got a couple of these back in May of '19. They only have a 5000mAh battery, but that beats nothing, and they were only $3 more.
Solar_charger(smaller)

2 Likes

Umm, the product says “This product has not been reviewed yet.” here on Woot. In fact it is rated 2 out of 5 stars on Amazon. I don’t think I have seen a worse set of reviews.

https://smile.amazon.com/Solar-Window-Charger-Green/dp/B01KMUG2ZY

1 Like

Instructions say to press it to any glass surface. Can I use it attached to my bathroom mirror?

2 Likes

Hey, it’s on the INTERNET! They couldn’t say it if it wasn’t true. DUH!

1 Like

It has to be the same brand for us to link to an Amazon ASIN (sku). That’s a different brand than Touch of Eco.

Well, it’s interesting that you say it’s another brand. The wording is exactly the same on product descriptions, the pictures are the same and the model number for the one that was linked is TOE090. Gee I wonder what the TOE could stand for.

1 Like

Do you have a skylight?

WHY DO PEOPLE HIDE THE BRAND NAME ON AMAZON!!???! Thanks for the info. The vendor (TOE) didn’t give us that ASIN for some reason. We can’t add the ASIN in on a live sale (our admin disagrees with doing this) but I’ll let the Tools team know.

These are crappy!!! I received them today… they do not stick to the window they fall right off & I thought they stuck by suction but it is crappy adhesive! No way you can travel with these, plus they are huge!!
Thumbs down from me

Crappy adhesive

Get some command strips to stick them. Huge means larger solar panel for better charging!

So mine does not work at all. Tried every window facing the sun all day and Led light doesn’t even come on!

I’m very sorry. Please feel free to reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I bought a unit very similar to these thinking I could charge it through the solar option and only have to plug it in on occasion. That was very ambitious thinking on my part. I can leave it outside charging all day long and it won’t even recharge one of the lights on my unit. It would probably take a month or more to fully charge the unit through the solar option :confused:

So while the idea is great, it doesn’t work very well.

1 Like