Solid Gelt

METAL GELT SOLID

In for one (for the wifey, who wants a new hanukkah shirt).

Nice, but a bit late - halfway into Hanukkah.

Pretty fail.

No Yiddish word for gold? (rather than money)

You’re not jewish are you?

Its a play on the tv show solid gold, which was a music countdown show (back in the time when mtv actually showed music videos).

Im pretty sure that the Simpsons made fun of the solid gold dancers back in the late 90’s.

This shirt will probably make some old people do a double take.

http://www.dickeliot.com/photoPage/solidGold.jpg

Take that back! Them’s fighting words!

Back to this shirt: I don’t know what gelt is so I thought you were misspelling geld. I’m glad I was wrong. Super glad.

Thanks for the explanations, I know this shirt wasn’t targeting my demographic in the first place but at least now I know :stuck_out_tongue:

My first thought when seeing this was actually that I wanted it to say “Geld”, which is the German equivalent…

I find it funny that while blue and silver are popular Hanukkah colors, they did the phrase ‘Solid Gelt’ in silver metallic instead of gold metallic.

even if you see the shirt wrong like i did and think it says “geld” you’re still safe since its dutch or german for money!

pony up the $5 and you can still get it before chanuka is over.

I like the slogan, but the shirt is kind of an awkward design. Gelt is the chocolate coins that you use for the dreidel game, or it means money in yiddish. Happy Channukah! Chag Sameach!

yes.

ah, but blue and silver are Hanukkolors!

Not remotely. But I do like chocolate.

you make dreidel cat cry

for $5 you get it overnight and before chanuka is over.

O HAI! IM IN UR THRETZ, KICKIN UR AZZEZ!

Where are the Solid Gelt Dancers???