Some Translation Required

In a surprising turn of events, another controversial design takes the prize.
congrats FB, that’ll show 'em.

A pirate walks into a bar with the ship’s wheel sticking out of the front of his pants.

The bartender says, “Hey Pirate, you got a steering wheel coming out of your pants!”

The pirate says, “Yarr, I know, its driving me nuts!”

Congrats FB on the print!!

I am going to be the debbie downer in the party, hop on my soapbox and remind people that if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it or don’t buy… otherwise if you must and want to help the artist out, provide constructive criticism.

No matter if you like it or not, I am pretty sure most (I am saying most so don’t attack me by citing those you think that don’t) of the artists work hard on their work. It may not look like it to you or be your cup of tea, but they put time and effort into.

Again, congrats FB!! Hope it does well for you.

That’s because there are plenty of other places to discuss it… This thread is to discuss this shirt. Not the shirt blank.

I’m gonna borrow Inky’s post from the other day.

Here’s all the information that’s fit for reading:

http://freevectorfinder.com/images/thums/right_arrow_clip_art_12084.jpg

Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

Yay Fishbiscuit! Congrats!

Hm… I think I’m going to have to go re-read the lyrics of that “Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum” song now that I got this guide.

Great shirt. Appropriate color scheme. Attractive layout. Stylish. Educational. In for one.

One time, a dread pirate approached me at a cocktail party.

When I asked him why, he said I just caught his eye.

Oh for Pete’s sake! It is ‘shiver MY timbers’ not ‘shiver ME timbers!’

Hmph…

Wait, are you saying Popeye is wrong!?!?!?! :omg:

clip art? Meh.

I completely agree with both of you. I’m quite disappointed this one is in second when the others, even just in the fog, had so much more thought in them.

Charming design FB! Big Congrats!

This had already been addressed in the shirts derby thread and it isnt clipart according to the designer.

Like the shirt, its nice to have something different once in a while, gz to the designer for the print.

Unfortunately I wont be buying due to it being on the Anvil shirt.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought for sure this shirt would be cancelled due to the " absolutely no text" rule.

I predict LOTS of these in the random shirt “booty” LOL

Wow! Thanks so much to everyone who voted and to everyone who makes a purchase. I will be wearing this shirt on International Talk Like a Pirate Day for sure!

Woot writers, the last line is simply awesome. Did you guys know I’m an ESL teacher? Your write ups crack me up. :slight_smile:
“We call this color: I sat in the black of my ESL classes.”

Thanks for making my day!

Funny and inventive shirt. Congrats on the print Fish!

Congrats on your third derby win, fishy!

Yes. It always has been Shiver My Timbers all the way from Treasure Island all the way back when that was penned. Shiver ME Timbers is incorrect and always has been incorrect. The only time it would ever BE correct is in old English where the word ‘my’ was pronounced like ‘me’ is today and so was misheard by modern (at least of the times) as the latter and inappropriate of the two.

It is a shame to now see it in print…