Some Woot! Changes? No! [Formerly “I don't like change”]

1 Like

old.woot.com is available for folks with this issue.

2 Likes

Using dark matter in a dark room?

1 Like

@R0naIdRayGun Hey thanks for popping in to explains the things. Takes the heat off me. LOL

9 Likes

If folks are getting out their bbqs from a frontend or shenanigans change feel free to consider me a hamburger.

7 Likes

hector pooping

3 Likes

Can you at least update the API so I can query it more than once a minute without it being cached? Say once every 3 seconds, at least for the WootOff Feed? The last guy that worked there is no longer employed, possibly because he broke it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Can’t blame me this time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh crap, I should have done that.

3 Likes

Too late. Plus you can’t blame me, I own the ticketing system and project management system you use now. I CAN STOP THE CHANGE! I take bribes from Wooters who want me to stop things changing. Oops, did all the requested backlog items disappear, how did that happen. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can you (or @R0naIdRayGun since he still works at Woot) be bribed to have Woot automatically send me bags of crap everyone 31 days? Asking for a friend who is most certainly me. I can pay you in Clorox Wipes.

4 Likes

I use the DarkMode addon for firefox for sites like this that are not geared towards Gremlins such as myself. (i.e. bright light! bright light!)

1 Like

So, some of you may have noticed a slightly new-looking desktop header and footer. Score! You just got a peek behind the curtain. The monkeys have been hard at work to make your favorite site (no, not that one. THIS one) an even better experience. But that new look also involves a few other pieces of the puzzle that we are putting together. So we’re rolling this change back for now.

Never fear, we’ve seen your comments and have been actively writing them down. And yes, feel free to add more! Also, please do us a favor and be like that person who found out about their surprise party and then had to act like you didn’t know about it. Thanks for sticking with us.

1 Like

peaceetc

Can you (or @R0naIdRayGun since he still works at Woot) be bribed to have Woot automatically send me bags of crap everyone 31 days? Asking for a friend who is most certainly me. I can pay you in Clorox Wipes.

I will see that, @peaceetc, and raise you one hand sanitizer, a roll of paper towels, AND a four pack of toilet paper (the good kind!).

2 Likes

I like your style. Do you think any of those things come in purple?

2 Likes

:grinning: Toilet paper used to come in purple, but now in order to get it, you have to buy expensive stuff from overseas.

Will the cruel injustices of the world never end?

1 Like

Any of have to do with the whole “You better be mobile-friendly or it will hurt your Google Rankings” stuff everyone seems to be touting these days?