Sonic Impact V55 Video Player for iPod

wow, not a lot of comments on Sellout.woot tonight. Everyone must be over at main Woot for the woot off.

will not work for the touch, it has to have the same deminsions as the 40,60,80,and 160 Gig i-pods, it has a cradle that butts up to the i-pod

I’m pretty sure that this will not OUTsell the wootoff, ha ha. NO.

My girlfriend tried to demo one of these at best buy but their display unit was beyond screwed.

I’ve never really seen a very high comment count over here though.

this does not appear to be compatible with any nanos … or just the newer generation?

I wonder if they got these things from Target. I saw a ton of these exact players on Clearence a few months ago and they were not selling at all. The all disappeared one day though, so I assume the were salvaged (sent back to corporate). I’d be willing to bet that’s where woot gets a bunch of its stuff.

forgot to notice that its … “for iPod”
fail for me.

This is a great unit. Costco currently sells it for $75, so it’s a really good price, too.

sells for 100 bucks on apple store, so its good quality.
rembered these things costing allot more.
4.5 star reviews.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=47ED01C9&fnode=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/speakers&nplm=TK629LL/A
says its compatible with ipod with video, but been reading review saying not compatable with ipod classic, so probably no nano.
this is why its on sellout woot.

Won’t do a hell of a lot for a 2nd Gen nano (or other iPods without video capability to begin with), unfortunately.

Does this get the video/audio out of the bottom dock connector, or the headphone jack? I want to hack this into a digital picture frame for a nice Christmas gift.

This is what I use it for - I download all my podcast, sort them into a playlist, then watch them on my Sonic. Lots and lots of video podcasts out there. This little thing is amazing and the sound is really good. This is also a good price. I paid about $75 for one on amazon a few months ago.

You can hook your zune to it I think? I think there is a way that audi/video gets into it as well. I am hoping there is because I am bailing the hell out of ipod when the 80gb Zunes come out.

How is the 16:9 screen on this compatible with the 4:3 on the iPod?

You sold us Zune and this is only for Ipod. What an Irony!

From everything I have been reading, this is NOT compatible with the new Classics or the new Nanos. Sucks too because I just bought a classic and was going to jump on this for work.

Actually, I did just see this on Amazon. Apparently you can use it with classic for video if you have a seperate dock and are willing to use this workaround:

“Simply select your video file with tv out enabled. Attach the ipod to the dock as it instructs. This “unlocks” the video and it starts playing. Pause the ipod, put it in the Video 55 and push play.”

Sounds like a hassle to me though. Oh yeah, and I don’t own a dock.

i noticed.