Sonoma Gourmet Olive Oil Sampler, 5 Pack

Sonoma Gourmet Olive Oil Sampler, 5 Pack

Gonna pass on this because: (1) I have no knowledge of the chile variety known as “red chile,” (2) including garlic and spice and garlic flavors seems redundant and (3) I picked up a 3 pack 8.4 oz. Bertolli Olive Oils including Truffle (yum!), Lemon and Garlic for about $10 or $12 on sale at Costco.

2 Likes

To Bottomfeeder57
Where In The Ingredients Of These Five Oils
Did You Read " Garlic Flavors " :nerd_face: ? ?
I Read Ingredients Specifically On It’s Own
And Not Someone’s Description Of The
Flavors & Taste You May Enjoy ! !

Most likely it’s NM red - most commonly known as just “red chile.” Redundancy is not a crime, or a reason to dismiss a product. If you like what you bought, enjoy! These are $10 each if you buy the same size individually, so for someone else it’s a good deal.

1 Like

All the ingredients are organic, including the garlic so not sure where you see “garlic flavors”. :thinking:
Wish I could buy 5 bottles of just the “Sautéed Garlic” … from Gilroy, the “Garlic Capitol of the World”. :yum:

1 Like

I purchased these the last time. I really like all flavors except the orange/ rosemary, but that’s me. Not a huge fan of orange in food. These are delightful on salads; and the sautéed garlic and Chile flavors are fantastic on fish and veggies. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Flavors is not the same as artificially flavored. The box does include a bottle of “Sautéed Garlic” and a bottle of “Roasted Garlic and Herbs.” However, I can’t possibly explain how I was not swayed to buy several boxes by the following description:

“ROASTED GARLIC AND HERBS”
…“this oil wins the gold star for deliciousness.”

Thank you for explaining the likely reference intended by red chile. I love garlic in salsas and many recipes, but I am not a fan of garlic olive oils, at least not the 2 or 3 brands I’ve tried. I have really liked several truffle olive oils and basil (without parmesan) olive oils I have tried. You are correct that perceptions of value are highly subjective. Many Wooters panned deals on black truffles as ridiculously expensive.