Sonoma Syrup American Artisan Bar Mixers - 4 Pack

One gifts it. It’s the others I was after.

I was so excited till I saw the olive juice. I don’t want to make a dirty martini, I’d rather have an appletini.

Thank you glad to be here!

What exactly is lye?

EDIT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye

Thanks for not using it sonomasyrup

What do you drink do go through so much rose’s? Always on the hunt for new drinks.

You can use to make Beer Cocktail. Tastes great!

I’m not 21. Is the “must be 21 to receive package” rule still in place even though this isn’t alcohol?

Lye is a corrosive alkaline substance, commonly sodium hydroxide (NaOH, also known as ‘caustic soda’) or historically potassium hydroxide (KOH, from hydrated potash). It is used to cure many types of food.

I’m thinking of using these as a marinade on fish and/or combined with olive oil for a nice salad dressing perhaps… will kick up the flavor.

Any recommended food-recipes??

Cell phones have high fructose corn syrup?! :tongue:

Another reason not to drink and dial.

here’s some recipes for using the bar mixers…
grenadine
sweetened lime juice
sweet and sour
olive juice
=)

How much RS in these?

Actually, it’s mostly SWMBO who uses it - she likes to make Dirty Shirleys (7-Up, vodka, grenadine), Tequila Sunrises, and what we refer to as a “Bloody Screwdriver” (orange juice, vodka, and grenadine).

When I use it, it’s usually in place of simple syrup and maraschino cherries in an Old-Fashioned because I’m too lazy to muddle.

All of it.

Do these need to be refrigerated once they are opened?

I was wondering the same thing. Also, what’s the expiration on these since they don’t have preservatives?

The product website says the shelf life is 18 months but does not mention refrigeration.
http://sonomasyrup.bigcartel.com/product/gift-set-3-br-nbsp

Price on the website is $34.99 so this looks like a good deal! In for 1.

these sound delicious. the sweet n sour mix is making my mouth water!

I’ve made real grenadine (and was just thinking about making some more) and it tastes NOTHING like Rose’s. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Rose’s, but it doesn’t taste anything like real grenadine which is quite tart (like a pomegranate). It’s EXCELLENT with vodka.