Sony 32GB 9.4" Tablet S w/ Cradle

I believe it just allows it to be used in different positions(keyboard, stand straight up) and doesn’t charge it.

I’m assuming they’re trying to clear out the stock before releasing it’s successor?

Ok, now I have to have it. It can connect to the Playstation Store & to a PS3 controller as well. A portable PS3, um, yes please!

If only I didn’t already have another tablet on order. Woot why you no swap places with the Dyson!

In for 3! Great to keep one in the bathroom for some toilet time use

I bought a tablet a few months back, and my decision came down to this or the Toshiba Thrive. I ended up going with the Thrive for a few features, but very nearly pulled the trigger on this.

The shape is very nice for holding the tablet, much more comfortable than a standard tablet when you’re trying to read. And access to the Playstation Store is something you can’t get on any other tab. While I’d prefer to have a full size USB, the micro port is an advantage over the Galaxy.

This is a very nice tablet, and this is a steal. If I didn’t just buy a Thrive I’d be buying this now and telling all my friends.

Do you need to pay for WiFi service thru a carrier?

At first glance the cradle didn’t seem like a big deal…but customers who have reviewed it on Amazon swear by it
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SGPDS1-Tablet-Cradle-included/dp/B005G2HSSE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

…and in reading the brochure, it seems like a great add-on.

http://app.sel.sony.com/sonytablet/us/s/en/feature/006/

Hey there, I work at Sony on the Tablet. You can use the cradle to charge your tablet. You just need to plug the power cord that comes with the tablet into the cradle!

Hello, I work at Sony on the Tablet. You can use the cradle to charge your tablet. You just need to plug the power cord that comes with the tablet into the cradle!

this is a sweet tablet - and it was $399 on 1saleaday just 2 weeks ago without the cradle.

(and the cradle is very cool - like the sony guy said, you attach your charger to the cradle and then it charges your tablet while it’s in the cradle.)

In for 1

Reminiscing about my old Sony Clie. Perfect for reading ebooks and using omni-remote. I had the Pwr and channel buttons mapped to the jog wheel.

It’ll be nice to do PDA stuff and still have access to a remote again.

Hmm, sad that this was a selling point for me.

“free” wi fi is free, like at a Starbucks or McDonalds. Internet service is through a carrier and is not technically wi-fi, but an actual signal on a different frequency. Not trying to be too technical, but unless you are in a major city with a “free” trial of citywide wi fi, you will have to do the traditional thing and stop once in a while at your library or other local free spots. You can find lists on the internet. 1 park near me has free wi fi so you can look at the ocean and “surf” at the same time!

Wow, a park? The future amazes me!

Would this work on Verizon hotspot or whatever they call it? I just lost my iphone and wonder if its worth paying for a new one, or maybe getting a tablet and seeing how much it costs to connect that. I rarely use my iphone as a phone and would be happy with a cheapo flip phone if there is a reasonably cheap way to connected a tablet to the internet.

Du I need to pay for WiFi thru a carrier? need help with this. Thanks

Any idea if Windows 8 installs on this?

Can I bring charge a PS3 controller on this? I’m thinking yes; but thought I’d ask to make sure.

Can I use a PS3 remote on an airplane?

Deciding factor: Can I download the Netflix app from Google Play? I saw the Nook app in a video, so it’s already set up to do 25% of what I want it to do. Adding a pre-installed Crackle app, and all the IR remote capabilities, with PS1 game options and the Sony store added another 50% If this can access the Netflix app, Woot will get another $260 from me!

Help me buy my first tablet TT! :stuck_out_tongue:

1. I don’t think so, as the USB “out” on this looks to be a micro usb, the charging cable for the PS3 remote is a full USB to mini if I am not mistaken.

2. The remotes are bluetooth, so as long as you’re allowed to turn your electronics on after the light goes off, I don’t see why not.