Sony Blu-ray Player with Apps

Product Page with Reviews

Just got our from Woot about a week ago. It has been working great. We held on to our 1st gen blu-ray player until now and I can definitely say that we were shocked at the difference in loading a blu-ray. Super fast. If your old DVD/blu-ray player takes longer than 15 seconds to load a movie up than please treat yourself to this decently priced player that just works.

Everything connected to our TV, including the TV itself, is now “smart” these days and has apps, this product is not an exception. I was able to get onto netflix and watch my my current TV show. I do have to say that there was a bit of lag though. The “smart” UI in total is a bit slow but that is to be expected when it comes to devices like these.

If you want to do streming you are better off using a dedicated device like a Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV

TL&DR
Fast dvd/blu-ray player that just works. Do not buy for the streaming content unless you are desperate.

So I should add my working Sony Blu-ray player to the e-waste pile and spend money on a new one to save 15 seconds? I think not.

It was more of a hyperbole. Our old player took about 2 minutes to even load anything off of the blu-ray. It was a huge improvement for us at least.