Sony Blu-ray Player with Super Wi-Fi

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at BestBuy.com

Good reviews on Amazon ($78.90 new)

i see there is no way to plug my headphones in…if i want to play a music cd how does that work if i dont have a coaxial audio system? it does not look like i can plug in my speakers or analog audio amp… looks like its limited to coaxial audio or hdmi tv…did i miss something?

I see it’s region 1. Is this model unlockable to be region-free? Thanks!

No, you didn’t miss anything. This player, like most Blu-Ray players in my experience, have no analog audio. However, you have several options:

1. If you have a receiver that accepts HDMI or digital audio inputs, you can run the output of the player into that, and plug headphones into the receiver or use the receiver’s speakers.

2. Search Amazon et al for “digital audio to headphone”, and you’ll come up with a bunch of small devices in the $20 range that accept TOSlink or coaxial digital audio as input and provide RCA and/or headphone jack analog audio outputs.

It’s just not WiFi, it’s SUPER WiFi… What the he11 is “super” WiFi? Is that like Super Duper HD?

Super WiFi operates at a lower frequency (50-700MHz as opposed to 2.4 and 5 GHz) and is thus capable of further and more powerful transmissions. This means it can go further than the typical few meters in your house, which is key for people with multiple-story homes with plenty of brick or drywall to contend with.

Also, it is capable of sending Super Duper HD signals to your TV!

Thank you very much…very helpful…

Purchased this wit high hopes. WRONG! I tried, my son tried and my son in law tried to get it to work ~ could not! :frowning: I’m trying to send back but am not having any luck getting it replaced with a functional item. Be wary of “refurbished” items!~!