Sony Bravia 32” Class LCD HDTV

Well, I was looking for information like weather it had one on the front or not, out of curiousity, it didnt specifiy so, and I was wondering if anyone knew the total.

Can those of you that are putting the tv down because it only displays 720p honestly tell me that you can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p? You all need to get over yourselves.

At this size, 1080 is not needed for TV viewing… PC monitor/Games at 2 feet… maybe not the right choice.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32A450-32-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/B00141AYIC/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237957407&sr=8-2

Samsung new from amazon – it is the TV I went with after months of research.

Samsung has had better ratings than I was able to find for anything from Sony, and for $100 more I would say it is well worth it if you want a 32" LCD TV.

I would avoid this particular woot, since there are better brands out there for comparable prices. Sony does not make bad TVs, but when you can get a LG or Samsung for a similar price point, you would be well advised to do so.

“Jar Jar”. Dammit Woot, give your copy writers a well deserved raise!!! That was the funniest sh!znit I have read this year. Way to take it to the next level!!

Does anyone know what the refresh rate for the display is?

Is there a reason everyone is looking for 720p? Provided you use this for anything but a computer monitor, you probably can’t even tell the difference beween 1080p and/or 720p.

Is this bright enough for a room with some big skylights? I’ve never seen an LCD in a well lit room. Anyone have one in a similar situation?

of course you can. ???

“I am so excited about this tv!” says 1 dude in Dallas.

His user review:

60Hz on this guy, I believe. As far as LCD televisions are concerned, I’m fairly certain only the higher-end 2009 models have 120Hz. shrug

Honestly, 720p at this size is just unnecessary. Good brand, good price. Unfortunately, I already have a TV from woot and I don’t even watch TV, so I’ve been sold already. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep - that one’s still there in my area and its about an inch narrower than this unit.

I for one, am waiting for a 32" 1080p unit that fits my cabinet (I need a width =< 31")

google shopping shows that is sells at about $800. if anything it’s good craiglist/e-bay fodder

The point is moot. Its not a TRUE hdtv if the resolution is only 720p. Its just a DTV. Marketing Ploy.

The title on the board is “Wooden Man” or “Moo Tow Len”.

Well, that’s the new KDL-32XBR9 if I’m not mistaken. About a grand at best right now…don’t get me wrong, it’s a darn sweet television, but it’s hard to compare :stuck_out_tongue:

Er, anything greater than or equal to 1280 x 720 (720p) is HDTV…it’s just not Full HD (1080p.)

i had this exact TV… got it last summer from the retail store i worked at for $480 (what it cost us) so the price is pretty good. The TV is very nice and really the only other option i seen for a decent brand 32 was another sony (the 3000 model) which doesnt have the glossy finish and i believe only one hdmi, and they’re still selling in stores for over 500. I ended up selling mine when i got laid off, got more than i paid for out of it :slight_smile:

TRUE (aka “full”) HDTV is 1080p. As previously stated.