Sony DA5200ES Home Theater Receiver with HDMI switching

Wouldn’t that be $689.99? It only takes $10 off.

kinda wanna. with only 2 speakers i wooted it would be a $1000 set up. is it worth it? i don’t even have any HDMI to do switching…

I would definitely ACCEPT Harmon Kardon at this price, lol. But would EXPECT Sony, lol.

come on, that one isn’t even close. it only has two HDMI inputs for example.

No wrong model, it is $923.00 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000LB3S3Y/ref=nosim/coffeeresearch82161-20

You’re retarded. Completely different model that’s not ES. Different preamp state.

Plus, stop being intimidated by the back inputs. You never use them all so it hooks up no different as if it had 1/3rd the jacks. Audio illiteracy = Wooters.

Oh, Sony!!!
No thank you.

Better than Sony’s price:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11033787

Check on ebay … they are priced at $700 and up and are finishing unsold.

I’m inches awa, but not crazy about the color. Does it come in silver?

Best receiver ever. got it when it was 1st came out. paid doubled of pirce of woot. bought it for the HDMI switching, because of XBOX elite and PS3. the qulity of the picture is great. kind of complicated to use first. but once get used to it, it’s the best receiver ever, love the on screen setup. i recommand everyone to get one with this price.

Hah. I just sold one of these for the same price today at Tweeter. These receivers, regularly priced at $999, have a gross margin of slightly higher than 53%…at that price. $699 is still about a 33% gross margin, not bad for this receiver. For the price, unbeatable. Sold it today because of the 3 HDMI ins. Sound quality however is muddier than Yamaha and Pioneer. Not bad when MSRP was originally $1499.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/receivers/1939/sony-str-da5200es-av-receiver.html
Very in depth review…

In fact, all the reviews I’ve read make me really want to jump on this one…

I’m trying to justify the purchase, though. Someone just tell me to man up and buy one.

Can someone explain what exactly this does?

Decent wattage will push a good set of entry-level speakers, such as the previous Polk’s that were just sold here on Woot.

I didn’t have my Denon, I’d pick it up. But, no need.

Do you envision using the HDMI for audio input? If so I’d say steer clear and wait for something that is HDMI 1.3a or better.

Otherwise, man up and buy it already.

Crutchfield prices tend to be a little high
Onecall.com’s SALE prices blow them away.
SONY ES…
5 year warranty typically.
Better than the the line of junk you find in best buy and circut city, etc.

I dont know squat about the price on this model but I have 2 sony ES receivers and they both kick booty. Will last you 15 years if you beat on them often.

They handle the 4 ohm speakers when the standard Sony, Pioneer, and Kenwood line do not. Enough said. ES is expensive and worth it.

Yes well what do you expect while using a woot! jaber bluetooth device on a friday night. LOL

Pretty basic cnet review. The only reason I’d be getting this (upconversion) is listed as a con, so I’ll pass. Still holding out hope for a woot-off next week, though (no work!).

The receiver isn’t bad for the money but if you’re looking for top quality audio under $1000 I’d be looking at Denon, Harmon Kardon and Yamaha. The ES’s are the only Sony’s I’d even begin to consider though.