Sony Dash Personal Internet Viewer

Yes, it has a netflix app.

Coolest. Alarm Clock. Ever. Putting a snooze button on my Pandora acct? Genius. (Until you get that blasted “are you still listening?” message.) I wouldn’t plan on using it as a tablet or PC.

In for one cause my iPad’s been asking for a little brother

In for one. Got it to replace my alarm clock. I plan on going to sleep to Netflix and waking up to Pandora. My room mate broke my current alarm clock when I forgot to turn it off for a trip. If he breaks this, I’m gonna break his face.

Does it run Flash?

Could be handy to keep in the john.

That’s a heck-of-a-lot of stuff it does for a mere 69 dollars.

As someone else mentioned, basically a glorified alarm clock. Here’s a PCMag review:

Can it play mini-discs?

yes, but does it have a hole for hanging it like a picture on the wall?

I have one… I love it… Its an Alarm Clock that super easy to set and change. With Tons of fun stuff… Its not a tablet pc… If you need a new clock and would probably drop 50 bucks… i suggest you add 25 more and get this

I get netflix on it and it tells me if Abe Vigoda is alive or dead…

I LOVE MINE!

I would NOT rely on this as an alarm clock. On more than one occasion, mine has locked up in the middle of the night, requiring a hard reset.

Remember how in the mid-90s every PC tried to be a phone and answering machine? That flopped, in part because phones don’t require Ctrl-Alt-Del. Well, at least they didn’t back then.

How long from when you switch it on to when you can start surfing?

It may be a glorified alarm clock but I like the idea of accessing internet recipes in the kitchen without the worry of spilling something on my precious laptop. YouTube and how to chop a leek. These things are important.

how’s the Netflix playback on this thing? i like the idea of falling asleep watching Netflix and waking up to internet radio. this is super tempting at half the price of retail but i am super broke. damn you woot!

How bright is the screen at night? Is there an automatic dimmer? If there is, does it detect the ambient light or do you set times for the screen’s brightness in a settings area? Thanks!

In for one. I’ve been seriously considering one for a few weeks to replace my alarm clock - I always end up turning on the computer to check the weather before leaving the house, and having it right there when I wake up will be great.

I only wish it could stream mp3s (not even asking for video, even though that would be nice too) from my server, but I suppose I can find one of those tiny usb drives to put a few things on.

Ya but ya but ya but… what is it??

As is often the case, Woot delivers an in-depth list of features, but… WHAT IS IT?

It’s green. It’s bigger than a bread box. It requires HDPQRL version 2.2 or higher. It’s 5 inches by 3 inches by 2.2 inches and weighs just 4.5 ounces.

But… WHAT IS IT?

In for one, might be good to keep in the restroom so i can listen to pandora while i take a dump…i just wish it had a browser

No AM/FM. No Battery backup. Basically just a cool looking Alarm Clock with some WiFi features.

If it had AM/FM built in along with WiFi, I would have considered it. If it had this plus a battery backup I would buy it in an instant.

If it had AM/FM and WiFi and you could specify an AM/FM channel as a backup to the internet radio stations for the alarm, then it would be a no brainer for me. I prefer waking up to radio to an alarm but, ulike AM/FM, the internet is less reliable.

David