Sony Dash Personal Internet Viewer

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Sony Dash Personal Internet Viewer
$59.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

It just may be the coolest alarm clock you will ever buy!

I love my dash, i watch netflix on it all the time

I’ve been waiting for something I can view the internet with… yipeeeee!

I also watch a lot of video on demand from amazon prime

Here we go again, one of several past woots, nearly 200 comments last time–August 14:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4588656

Edit: By the way, $10 cheaper this time at $59.99.

Oh, and if you want the equivalent Lincoln-Douglas debate on this, look at sdc100 and theguruguys comments (unless they want to rehash them again).

This was in a woot-off awhile back for $79.99

Is that subtle nod to “They Live” on the screen of the internet viewer with the ‘lies’ on the t.v. screen?

It’s ok Woot… I forgive you!

A web browser was finally added, but it is slow, just as you’d expect. They also released 2 new dashes, one has a battery and comes in 3 colors and the other one costs less than this one did at release but omits the microphone, which there isn’t actually a way to use at all on this one… the site mysteriously says “the microphone is intended for future use.” As for the new dashes, I don’t think that they actually have faster processors or anything.

See the cord in the picture there? This does not work on battery charge, must be hooked into a power adapter to function. A huge drawback IMO.

I have one from a while back and I have yet to browse the web with it. What do I need to download to get this working?

Maybe if it was a Chumby.

Can I charge my iPhone via the USB port?

I like my dash a lot. If you connect it to a good stereo or premium computer speakers it makes for a great way to listen to Pandora.

in for one. could use a new bedside alarm.

Tested review video of the Chumby v. Dash

[youtube=aZJonX-17Jg][/youtube]

As they say, they are “More than Just Alarm Clocks”

Both use the same software. Chumby is soft and friendly… Dash is hard and utilitarian.

hmm - that’s new!

As the tablet market moves forward, I anticipate winding up with enough “task devices” that I don’t need to buy one that’s already obsolete.