Sony Digital eReader Touch Edition

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us: I hope you like roombas

Sony Digital eReader Touch Edition [Refurbished] - $199.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Sony PRS600BC Digital eReader Touch Edition

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

My friend has one, and uses it frequently in class. It looks quite useful.

here’s the product website

and the user manual

Asking the obvious question:

How would this stack up against a Kindle?

How does this compare with the Kindle?

Retails for 250. Be aware that because of the touch screen, the contrast on this is not as high as on the Pocket edition, and it experiences more glare. Changing the viewing angle usually solves that, however.

According to PC World this product is superior to Amazon’s Kindle.

Amazon link
Has pretty good review on amazon.
Pretty expensive there too.

The real question is: how would this stack up against an iPad (which of course costs 2 1/2 times as much).

cnet review from 9-11-09

3 stars

Er, the PRS-600 doesn’t have a backlight.

So it’s an red iPad!

http://ireaderreview.com/2009/08/26/kindle-vs-sony-reader-touch-edition/
here’s a review

I have the Sony pocket reader and I love it. This is a more expensive model, and Woot is selling it refurbed for the price I paid for mine.

It has a larger screen and many more features (see the item page).

E Ink technology makes for a much more pleasant experience than the older eReaders gave (I used to use an RCA Reb 1100). However, be aware that the ink is gray, and the background is off-white, so you won’t see the contrast you’re used to in a newly printed book.

Still, this reader can’t be beat for convenience, and it’s one of the top-rated models on the market today (new ones are coming out all the time).

I had a 600. Great eReader. Was completely replaced by my iPad. But if you’re in the market for an eReader, this is an excellent choice.

Yeah, if the iPad wasn’t backlit, didn’t display color, had expandable memory, only did books and documents and had a battery that lasted 1-2 weeks.

Though they do both play music.